AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello everyone. I'm very new to this and after went through lots of posts, I got my SLS surround and probably will go with BIC PL-200 for sub. My question is which receiver should I use to power up all the speakers? I read posts from senior members suggest take receivers with Audyssey, like Denon but which model should I take? Or any other brands and models? My budget is $400. Thanks a lot for suggestions.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionhoho  /t/1521281/bic-pl-200-with-sls-q-line-surround-but-which-receiver-i-should-take#post_24446887

Hello everyone. I'm very new to this and after went through lots of posts, I got my SLS surround and probably will go with BIC PL-200 for sub. My question is which receiver should I use to power up all the speakers? I read posts from senior members suggest take receivers with Audyssey, like Denon but which model should I take? Or any other brands and models? My budget is $400. Thanks a lot for suggestions.
Sorry I just notice I might post this at wrong place . Here should be the right place.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1521284/bic-pl-200-with-sls-q-line-surround-but-which-receiver-i-should-take

Thanks a lot for the help and sorry for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
This is an appropriate place to learn about which one best helps the sub

Audyssey MultEQ room correction software is the important feature on Denon (and Onkyos and Marantz) receivers for subs. It EQs both the speakers AND the sub, whereas much AVR room correction software in other receiver brands only EQs the speakers.

Audyssey MultEQ XT is a better version of Audyssey MultEQ that can better EQ the speakers, but is no better than the regular MultEQ for the sub.

Note that you can get a factory refurbished/factory warrantied Denon 1613 for $229 +shipping . That's an excellent receiver for the price if it has the other features you want. I'd recommend considering that one and putting the rest of your budget toward better speakers/sub since that's where you get the most bang for your buck in terms of SQ.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145  /t/1521281/bic-pl-200-with-sls-q-line-surround-but-which-receiver-i-should-take#post_24447240

This is an appropriate place to learn about which one best helps the sub

Audyssey MultEQ room correction software is the important feature on Denon (and Onkyos and Marantz) receivers for subs. It EQs both the speakers AND the sub, whereas much AVR room correction software in other receiver brands only EQs the speakers.

Audyssey MultEQ XT is a better version of Audyssey MultEQ that can better EQ the speakers, but is no better than the regular MultEQ for the sub.

Note that you can get a factory refurbished/factory warrantied Denon 1613 for $229 +shipping . That's an excellent receiver for the price if it has the other features you want. I'd recommend considering that one and putting the rest of your budget toward better speakers/sub since that's where you get the most bang for your buck in terms of SQ.
Thanks cel4145. I'll consider it. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
Just buy the receiver that has the features you want. A lot of times people get caught up too much into trying to compare wattage. But the truth is that the difference between a say 75 watt per channel receiver and a 95 watt/channel is not much at all. Plus manufacturers don't all rate 'em the same, so you can't compare between different ones and rely on the numbers.

Now if you end up saving money out of the receiver budget and can spend more on the sub, there are certainly upgrades you could consider over the BIC PL-200.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts