AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have full power on the BIC subwoofer and the receiver has subwoofer enabled. But when I run the "tone test" there is no sound for the subwoofer. I tried a different cable - but no difference. Any ideas on a setting I might be missing? I don't have the BIC user manual - but can't find anything else in the receiver manual.

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Hi brianharg, make sure the sub toggle switch for Receiver Type is flipped over to "Digital 5.1,6.1,7.1".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response... tried that
here are the setting I have on the sub....

power = auto

phase = 0

volume = 5

crossover = 80

receiver type = digital 5.1, 6.1, 7.1

using the single sub in connection type

on the receiver I have the following

subwoofer = yes

crossover = 80

SWFR Phase = normal

extra bass = off

DSP Parameter = straight

just not getting any response from the subwoofer. When I plug in the speaker connection I do get the "pop" so it seems as if it is working - the receiver just does not seem to be telling to work...

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianharg /forum/post/0

power = auto

phase = 0

volume = 5

crossover = 80

on the receiver I have the following

subwoofer = yes

crossover = 80

SWFR Phase = normal

extra bass = off

DSP Parameter = straight

just not getting any response from the subwoofer. When I plug in the speaker connection I do get the "pop" so it seems as if it is working - the receiver just does not seem to be telling to work...

Change crossover on sub to max and how are you connecting the sub to the receiver?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
changed the crossover on the subwoofer to max (looks like 180) and still no luck... I am using the single subwoofer jack out on the receiver and subwoofer.

When I run the test tones process from the receiver - all speakers respond except the sub.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianharg /forum/post/0

changed the crossover on the subwoofer to max (looks like 180) and still no luck... I am using the single subwoofer jack out on the receiver and subwoofer.

When I run the test tones process from the receiver - all speakers respond except the sub.

The crossover shouldn't fix it but that is how it should be set.

Broken cable? Try a cheap red/white/yellow RCA cable and see if it works before you buy one.

Also my integra has a subwoofer on/off selector within the menu

·
Registered
9,363 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianharg /forum/post/21030336

I am using the single subwoofer jack out on the receiver and subwoofer.

Unplug the sub cable from the receiver and rub your finger over the tip to confirm sound (hum/static noise) from the subwoofer.

Another suggestion, connecting a CD or MP3 player or iPod/iTouch directly to the subwoofer and see if the subwoofer produce sound.

Also check to see if there is a microprocessor reset feature on the receiver.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin /forum/post/21030506

Unplug the sub cable from the receiver and rub your finger over the tip to confirm sound (hum/static noise) from the subwoofer.

Another suggestion, connecting a CD or MP3 player or iPod/iTouch directly to the subwoofer and see if the subwoofer produce sound.

Also check to see if there is a microprocessor reset feature on the receiver.

when I unplug the sub cable and rub my finger - I do get the hum noise from the sub woofer. Does that mean the subwoofer and cable should be good? So now it is the receiver knowing the subwoofer is there and sending a signal?

I will look for a reset feature.

·
Registered
9,363 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianharg /forum/post/21030308

power = auto

phase = 0

volume = 5

crossover = 80

Another suggestion is to set subwoofer power to "ON" and rerun auto setup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried turning to subwoofer to "on" and re-ran the setup on the receiver - there really was not much - I just turned off the subwoofer (on the receiver setup option) and then turned it back on... no joy. I can't find a processor rest and different cables yield the same result - no sound from the subwoofer...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brian,

If your issue is not resolved yet....I had to change the EXTRA BASS to ON. This worked on a new rx-v373, fixed the same issue.

I know it is not logical, but that is how those kids at Yamaha developed it.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I had a similar issue with a Yamaha RX-V373. I was getting nothing from the sub, then I turned the level up in the receiver menu to 10 and now I have bass. My current issue is that the bass doesn't seem strong enough. I have the knob level on the sub at 8 which I feel should be make it much stronger.

I have the crossover on the sub at 180 and the crossover in the receiver menu at 160. Is that how it should be?

I used to have a Cambridge Soundworks Basscube 10S and the bass would shake the room. This sub does not do that, not even close. Any idea why?

·
Registered
18,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Palmice  /t/1364391/bic-v1020-does-not-seem-to-work-w-yamaha-rx-v371#post_22634508

I had a similar issue with a Yamaha RX-V373. I was getting nothing from the sub, then I turned the level up in the receiver menu to 10 and now I have bass. My current issue is that the bass doesn't seem strong enough. I have the knob level on the sub at 8 which I feel should be make it much stronger.

I have the crossover on the sub at 180 and the crossover in the receiver menu at 160. Is that how it should be?

I used to have a Cambridge Soundworks Basscube 10S and the bass would shake the room. This sub does not do that, not even close. Any idea why?
Turn sub to "on", crossover all the way up and volume to half way. Run YPAO. Set all speakers to small. Receiver crossover to 80.

·
Registered
800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007  /t/1364391/bic-v1020-does-not-seem-to-work-w-yamaha-rx-v371#post_22634584

Turn sub to "on", crossover all the way up and volume to half way. Run YPAO. Set all speakers to small. Receiver crossover to 80.

Thanks for the info. What is YPAO?

The sub has been doing well. I have it like 80% of the way up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts