AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it was only a matter of time but now when a show is being shown on both CTV and a major U.S. network we get the crappy CTV subbed version. Not sure if its just CBS at the moment but I noticed it when going to watch CSI.

I wouldnt be so peeved but I compared the difference between channels earlier in the year and the CTV channel was always the worse of the two. Not only that but the damn CTV HD bug is ALWAYS in the corner and its solid (and huge). I'm pretty sure CBS's disappeared after a bit. Sigh...... CRTC makes me madder everyday

· Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK the CTV HD logo is a freakin magnet....... the only time I dont notice it is in dark scenes where it kinda blends in..... but as soon as a brighter scene comes along BAM! right in your face.

· Registered
1,790 Posts
It's definitely a bad preview for the future.

They started doing this back in the spring, but stopped for some reason, but now it seems they're back at it.

I agree that there is a noticable degredation in pq when they simsub, so start complaining to the CRTC that they can't do this until they have the technology to deliver the same quality video/audio.

I'm not sure what they can do about the bug though, it's solid so it covers the CBS bug that's already there. I guess they either need to get a clean bug free feed from CBS (not sure if that's possible), or double bug the broadcast....

· Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking....... why does CTV even need to block the CBS bug? For one thing its a CBS show so you might as well leave it. For another thing, this way when people see how crappy the PQ has gotten they will blame CBS not CTV :p.

I think I could live with the slightly degraded PQ but the bug is unbearable.

· Registered
358 Posts
Thankfully, StarChoice doesn't offer CTV HD or Global HD so we still get clean US HD feeds from Detroit & Seattle

BTW....HD7 & HD8 are now up on StarChoice...HD9 launches Nov 4th

No extra charge for HD either!....so far! :cool:

· Registered
1,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Quality Is Job One
Thankfully, StarChoice doesn't offer CTV HD or Global HD so we still get clean US HD feeds from Detroit & Seattle
Yes, but you're missing out on all of the great original HD programming on those stations! :rolleyes:

BTW, do you work for Ford, or StarChoice? :)

· Registered
358 Posts
LOL!....You're right. There is no original HD programming on CTV or Global.....

.....their HD channels exist only to sim-sub the US HD networks!

Anyway, like I said, I hope that StarChoice doesn't add 'em....

BTW....I drive a Celica & don't work for StarChoice....The QIJO name was chosen several years ago when I was lobbying for Starchoice to improve the picture quaility on their feeds of the Buffalo networks. They were horrid back when StarChoice was only broadcasting from Anik E2.....Now StarChoice's feeds of the Buffalo networks are among the best picture quality on TV.:cool: :D

· Registered
1,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Quality Is Job One
LOL!....You're right. There is no original HD programming on CTV or Global.....
Untrue.

Degrassi has been in HD since last season

This year 11th Hour, Instant Star and Corner Gas will be added as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.