AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently sold my monitor audio gs60 system and subwoofer and I am currently upgrading to genelec ht-206b fronts and aiw25 rears. I am stuck on my subwoofer decision. Cost aside I am considering either a genelec hts4b or 2 Martin Logan descent i's with a velodyne SMS-1 system. Anyone with experience with genelec have any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
This forum including myself like the bang for the buck subwoofers. Personally I feel those are both overpriced for what they deliver and you could get 2 or more equivalent subwoofers for the price. I do have my eye on an SMS-1 and may get one in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too concerned with price. I know it sounds nuts but I would rather spend 2x and do it right.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittonYoder /forum/post/19644142

Not too concerned with price. I know it sounds nuts but I would rather spend 2x and do it right.

When you say do it right, do you mean get a name brand that you perceive to be the best, or do you mean get the best bass experience you can? Many people here would say spending 2x what you need for a certain level of performance is not doing it right, but you may disagree, and thats ok...

If you spent the same amount you have budgeted for you above quoted units, on another brand that produces more accurate sound at reference, would that be doing it right?

You appear to have some brand loyalty, and there is nothing wrong with that, but you should explore other options, especially if cost is not a particular concern, as you certainly could get more accurate bass from other brands, some that cost less, some that cost more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts