AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weekly bloodletting of the wallet continues...The Who, Osbournes, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Yankee Doodle Dandy, Robin Hood, and Scarface will be carted home in my little yellow plastic Best Buy bag.

What will be in yours?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Fargo SE and that fills the last gap in my Coen Brothers collection.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
The Who and Scarface will be in my yellow BB bag for sure. I'm not so sure about Fargo. Somebody twist my arm please...

Cary

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Scarface- yes. Osbournes- yes. The Who- not right now, I'm almost broke!

This week plus the Lion King next week, plus BlockBusters "buy 2 get 1 free" are going to bleed me dry....

·
Registered
326 Posts
Dreamcatcher

2Fast2Furious

The Osbournes - The Second Season

Bend It Like Beckham

Better Luck Tomorrow

Boat Trip (Unrated)

Fargo - SE

Scarface

The Tick - The Entire Series

Rudy (Deluxe Edition)

Absolutely Fabulous - Absolutely Special

Mr. Bean - The Animated Series

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Art Sonneborn
Strange but I did not ever see Titan AE except a small demo piece at an HT meet last summer and last night over at Jeff( thebland's) house. I bought it today and I believe this is a great visual and audio experience. I highly recommend it .

Art
TITAN AE unfortunately bombed at the boxoffice, I believe, like FINAL FANTASY, two films that look and sound wonderful on home theater. Is this a new special edition of Titan?

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Walter_Sobchak
The weekly bloodletting of the wallet continues...The Who, Osbournes, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Yankee Doodle Dandy, Robin Hood, and Scarface will be carted home in my little yellow plastic Best Buy bag.

What will be in yours?
I'm hoping I can find The Kids Are Alright at Best Buy or another of those big stores.

I'm thinking they won't buy many copies. Maybe 5 or so per store.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Is the Fargo SE a new video transfer ? I love this movie but the video is already very near reference on the last ( second ) iteration.
Not sure but since I can't find the OOP original release I am sure to jump on this one.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Scarface, definitely!

I am slowly finishing the Superbit collection, but I am getting down to the ones that are really not great movies. So, I guess I pose the question; as a serious collector, does one require the full set of a given series, or just the good ones?

I will not be buying the Osbournes, I just cant condone raising your kids to be as socially inappropriate as they have, so they will not be seeing any of my hard earned money, ever!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Adventures Of Robin Hood

Bend It Like Beckham

Dreamcatcher

Scarface

Treasure Of The Sierra Madre

Victory At Sea

Warren, as a "regular HT nut" if you don't like it, don't buy it. But as a serious collector, you go for the series. :)

·
Registered
809 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Warren_G
Scarface, definitely!

I am slowly finishing the Superbit collection, but I am getting down to the ones that are really not great movies. So, I guess I pose the question; as a serious collector, does one require the full set of a given series, or just the good ones?

I will not be buying the Osbournes, I just cant condone raising your kids to be as socially inappropriate as they have, so they will not be seeing any of my hard earned money, ever!
I don't own Alien Resurrection so I would say I only buy the good ones.;)

Although, I did buy Alien 3. I mostly bought it because I am a Fincher fan and wanted to have his freshmen effort in my collection. Also, I only own the first Highlander movie. All the rest were/are crap.

·
Registered
24,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by eweiss
TITAN AE unfortunately bombed at the boxoffice, I believe, like FINAL FANTASY, two films that look and sound wonderful on home theater. Is this a new special edition of Titan?
No ,not new just new to me. I mentioned it here just as an aside and if people are pulling out their wallets suddenly , they should consider this if they had not to this point.

Art

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Art Sonneborn
if people are pulling out their wallets suddenly , they should consider this if they had not to this point.

Art
And at $9.65 an economically worthwhile consideration:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...866524-2836065

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
For me:

Scarface

Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Kids Are alright

Robin Hood

Fargo

The Tick: Complete Series

and who knows, maybe more- it's gonna bankrupt me *lol*

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
1.SCARFACE!

2.OZBOURNES

and some old school

boogie nights (se), breakfast club and im pretty sure some more stuff !!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.