AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -- need serious help please. What manufacturers make theater seating for BIG MEN ? Can the experts here point me to specific models too?

I'm 6'3" and over 450. Looking for a multi-piece modular unit. Power recline etc .... Preferably 4 seats across with curved seating at either end (not straight across) - the middle seats can be without a middle arm-rest. Also prefer North American made (USA or Canada).

I've got a big-man recliner now that I would prefer not to continue using.

Thanks !!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hi All -- need serious help please. What manufacturers make theater seating for BIG MEN ? Can the experts here point me to specific models too?

I'm 6'3" and over 450. Looking for a multi-piece modular unit. Power recline etc .... Preferably 4 seats across with curved seating at either end (not straight across) - the middle seats can be without a middle arm-rest. Also prefer North American made (USA or Canada).

I've got a big-man recliner now that I would prefer not to continue using.

Thanks !!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Great question. I was/am in the same predicament. I ordered three regular leather theater chairs for my room. The chairs are nice, but I am a slight bit snug in them. I'm a biggun too - 6'3" 350. For the remaining two seats in my room, I am seriously considering just buying two of those overstuffed leather recliners. The ones that normally go into the living room.

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
The best big guy chair I know of is the Palliser Current we have some video on the page it's a big recliner type chair but can be done in any home theater set up and North American made.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

·
Registered
411 Posts
I went cheap with Coaster Pavillion seating. I am pushing it at 6'7"or so and 380lb though I was more concerned with back height. Being 6'3" you might get away with a stronger chair with shorter back?

ETA: Im headed down from 395lb mark hopefully back below 300 soon enough :).........been about 15 years lol.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
I'm a good sized fellow as well (6''5"/260), but I've gone the couch route.

But when I was at a GTG, I was surprised that when I reclined in row 2, my feet hit the chair in reclined row 1. So maybe consider that too?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm a good sized fellow as well (6''5"/260), but I've gone the couch route.

But when I was at a GTG, I was surprised that when I reclined in row 2, my feet hit the chair in reclined row 1. So maybe consider that too?

I would almost went the couch route with a bean bag as fourth seat myself.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm in somewhat of the same predicament. Being tall, I'm not likely to order a chair unseen because of what appears to be short leg rests and back heights. I currently use a king size La-z-boy recliner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts