AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have been shopping for a big LCD for about a year now(my room is way to bright for plasma). When I started the only thing really available was the Sharp 37". But their is now some competition, and their will be more in the next few months. I am only interested in first tier manufactures.(sorry you oleivia and westinghouse fans). I would love for people to give their feedback with when the new sets hit the market soon. Here is what I have so far:

New Sharp 37" (I think D4 & D6) series, should be out by Sept? Will the New 45" be in a better price range(for me sub 4,000)?

Just Out JVC 37" & 40" (are these panels bought from Sharp & Samsung?) if you have one what do you think?

Just Out New LG 37" & 42" how do these compare to the old LG's, this is probly the same panel as Philips

Just out Philips 37" & Coming Soon 42" Is Philips quality in LCD, the 37" looked soft to me next to the other displays at BB, is this true in Home use? Also two HDMI's are good!

New Samsung 40"(409D)Soon & current(408D) will the 409 have an ajustable backlight, and can you turn off DNIe??

New Sony 40" coming in Sept?, looks good and might have a good MSRP. Love to get feedback if someone gets one of these!

New Toshiba 37" coming Soon? When? Is this also a Sharp panel? Love to get feedback on this one as well.

New Mitsubishi 42" It still cost a small fortune. Only for the rich?

Hitachi? anything in the works?

Panasonic-No too focused on Plasma for big panels(and yes they make a great plasma!)

OK did I miss anyone? I think my new TV is in there somewhere!

PS pics of the new models welcome!

·
Registered
58 Posts
have you ever considered Olevia 42"? They are supposed out already. Response time is 8ms - pretty amazing, I heard it's LG glass.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah. I have seen the Olevia LCD's and in my opinion the picture Quality is not as good as say the Sharps or Sammys. Also I don't trust the electronic parts in a lot of second tier manufactures. It is just my opinion, and if I was on a smaller budget my opinion would most likely be different!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.