AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the last 5 or 6 times i've fired it up there is a strange blip sound it makes.

i fired it up again today and was not able to acsess the menu from either the pj itself or from the remote. even more importantly, NONE of the buttons worked including the power button so i couldn't turn it off without cutting the power or the fan prematurely.

additionaly it was taking in the signal from the dvd player.

it had only been on a few minutes so i cut the power and turned it back on a few minutes later.

this time, no odd sounds and it seemed to work fine.

should i contact NEC?

the build date is Nov. 2000.

any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
There is no choice to call and complain...In my books that is totally unacceptable.

Lt150 has a 3 year warranty...use it and abuse it! It's your money!

P.S. For the record...I have absoloutly no problems with my unit.

good luck and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
This has been discussed before. LT150 is a minicomputer so it can crash like a regular PC. Often, only a "hard" reset by unplugging for a few minutes is what's needed to set things straight. Grant Smyth recommends us all to turn off the power at the plug via turning off the switch on the surge protector to force LT150 to reset everytime. Others leave theirs plugged in without problems. Like a PC it's kinda unpredictable.

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
855 Posts
Sorry, but I don't buy the PC analogy.

No one has added new unstable hardware or software to this projector. This projector is a closed, embedded, system. More like a microwave oven or a television set. It should work exactly the same way, every time. If it doesn't, it is defective or has design problems. My advise would be to use your 3 year warrantee and get a new one.

I have not unplugged mine since I started using it (mid-July) and have not had the problems others have described.

------------------

Huck

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'd at least try the "reboot". Had this happen with my Sony unit yesterday, first time ever. The lamp and power light came on but no power to the lamp. Cycled the standby power by pulling the plug and everything is back to normal.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the responses so far.

i should have proof-checked my original post better.

i meant to say that the video signal from the dvd player WASN'T coming thru. the only thing visible was the blue screen.

in some ways, it was very much like when the computer freezes and both the cursor and the keyboard are locked in place.

as far as unplugging goes- evrytime i finish using it, i allow it to cool to the touch and then disconnect it and pack it back up. it's almost never plugged in when not in use.

i have to leave for 24 days next week on business, so it will most likely be late Oct-early Nov. before i can take care of this.

with the way things are going, who knows what my priorities will be then.

[This message has been edited by ckolchak (edited 09-21-2001).]

·
Registered
93 Posts
ckolchak,

Was the status light red and flashing slowly when you experienced this problem?

Tnx - Sonny B.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i believe the green light was flashing once every second which seemed to indicate the lamp housing wasn't attached properly ( or something to that effect). of i checked it and it seemed all right.

the last 2 times i've used it now, including tonight, everything was normal.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ckolchak,

Is the projector plugged into a 3-pronged, grounded outlet?

My boss's LT150 did not respond normally when he had it plugged in with a 2 prong cheater adapter.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by JSC (edited 09-22-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.