AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year my company has a big christmas shin-dig called the Deer Roast.

I built this RP screen for the awards presentation powerpoint, and we also enjoyed a movie the night before.

This was built using the Dazian grey PVC rear projection screen material. Picture quality was decent, especially considering I pushed the image size past the PJ's max spec.

Here are some images of it and its construction.

Sorry I couldn't get a good shot of it in use.

For what it's worth...

Chris

visit me at www.ChrisAnders.com

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
way cool!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! It was a blast to put together. We saved the screen and disassembled the frame for next year's party.

LOMAC or any good sim would be neat. In fact, I built a similar (smaller) screen for my sim cockpit last year. I was happy with the results (and the price! $30/linear yard at 86" wide), so when we needed a solution at work I just supersized it!

The screen measured about 130" diagonal.

We used a little Infocus LP130, rated 1100 lumens. Next year I'd like to try a brighter PJ. We dimmed the lights, but to my eye it wasn't acceptable except in almost complete darkness. Of course most people aren't as critical of such things, meaning people other than HT enthusiasts. They were just bowled over by the "Wow" factor.

The screen material is Dazian's grey, rp PVC screen material:

http://www.dazian.com/cgi-bin/page.p...=165&cat_id=50

For the price, I think its performance is sufficient, again in my simulator use fidelity of the image is not as paramount as in a HT.

We covered the frame in dark tarps to cut down on light leakage, but they were a bit shiny. I wonder how that affected the image. Shouldn't the area between the pj and the rp screen be flat black?

Chris

Not an expert, just an experimenter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.