AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not believe my eyes today on the "perfect" transfer of

Big Trouble in Little China. This is the "catalog" title transfer of the year. Picked it up at frys(which matched Best Buys sales price for under 20 bucks). Will do all supplements tonight. I have been on this forum for a number of years, but this was too good not to give SUPER THUMBS UP. They must of used a new print or master or something, its never been better, I dont think at this point you could do a better transfer. Fox you hit it out of the park.....I have not seen any reviews of this, but I predict that they will agree with me.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Nice. I'd buy this one again, even though I have the DVD. Love this movie. Thanks for your impressions on it.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The box art suggests the "extended ending" is included, I think it might be in the supplements section and it also includes deleted items. Never the less, this is a stellar presentation.

·
Registered
577 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert George /forum/post/16944505

Okay, so it's a nice transfer.

This was supposed to be a new extended version and, apparently, isn't.

I don't see anyone talking about that.

I'm inclined to believe the popular response you'll get to that is (*shrug*) "Who gives a ****? Why mess with perfection?"

I won't have time to really dig into this disc for another day or two so is it official that the American Cinematographer and Cinefex magazine articles from the SD-DVD did not get migrated over to this BD? Normally, I might be able to shrug that off and sell my SD-DVD anyway but those articles were quite in-depth...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yes, this is one of the best catalog presentation ever.

Check out Starman, they also struck a new transfer for that one. You might be suprised how good that looks too, tough grain is a little heavier compared to BTILC.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert George /forum/post/16944505

Okay, so it's a nice transfer.

This was supposed to be a new extended version and, apparently, isn't.

I don't see anyone talking about that.

Sir, let me remind you that this is UNDER 20 bucks and its a special edition and its blu-ray...and it a heck of a great movie that is ever better in Blu..Nothing is perfect or will satisfy 100% of the people, but credit needs to given to this exceptional bargain

·
Registered
593 Posts
Dang... glad to read it is that good. Ordered it yesterday and should have it in tomorrow... was originally going to wait for reviews... but I just had a feeling. Well ok, I didn't have a feeling, I just love the crap out of the movie.

·
Registered
5,995 Posts
"You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"

I can't wait to get this. BTILC is my hands down favorite Carpenter movie and one of my favorite movies. Understanding Cantonese also makes the movie much funnier.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
This makes me very happy cause it's not only at the top of my queue, but it's on my "To Buy" list as well. This is one of my all time favorite movies.

Like ole Jack says, the check is in the mail!

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue /forum/post/16945118

"You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"

I can't wait to get this. BTILC is my hands down favorite Carpenter movie and one of my favorite movies. Understanding Cantonese also makes the movie much funnier.

I used to use that line when I was younger, except I used my name. Didn't quite have the same effect. Never stopped me from thinking I was awesome, though.

·
Registered
459 Posts
It's a shame they will never make movies like this anymore. Even the Mortal Kombat video game was inspired by this movie, did anybody notice it ? The setting , Rayden the lighting guy , even Shang Sun was a carbon copy of Lo Pan.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts