AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just noticed yesterday this big yellow blotch in the middle of my Sony KDF-50E2000. I can only see it when viewing the TV at an angle.....head on I don't notice it. This is driving me absolutely mad! Replaced the lamp a few months ago, but not sure if that could be it. I still have the old one and was thinking of swapping it back in to see if that would help. Any ideas on what it could be? TIA!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prey521
Hey all, just noticed yesterday this big yellow blotch in the middle of my Sony KDF-50E2000. I can only see it when viewing the TV at an angle.....head on I don't notice it. This is driving me absolutely mad! Replaced the lamp a few months ago, but not sure if that could be it. I still have the old one and was thinking of swapping it back in to see if that would help. Any ideas on what it could be? TIA!
Not a lamp problem. Your light engine is going, or gone. The LCD panel in the light engine that controls the Blue channel, the blue content of a picture, has lost much of its ability to turn the blue all the way off or all the way on. If you look at a black screen, you will see a dark blue blotch in the same shape as the yellow on white. White=R+G+B, remove B and you have R+G, which is yellow.

Go to the 50E2000 user's thread and look at what Sony is doing for people with this problem.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ht=kdf+50e2000

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.