AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble with my VK-12 sub outputting any sound with certain inputs. It sounds amazing when it works.

I have a Pioneer VSX-1020 receiver with Energy TAKE front channels and Energy CR-10's as my rear surrounds. I have the VK-12 hooked up to the Sub Out on the receiver with a Coax cable. The sub has 3 modes: Off, Auto and On. There is an indicator light on the back that is red when the sub is in standby and green when it is active. The sub works with my Oppo DVD player and my receiver has rounded brackets around the LFE input when it is sending a signal. I can't, however, get the sub to output with my Xbox or my PS3. My previous (crappy) Kenwood sub worked with all inputs. The receiver appears to be sending all the low frequency sounds to the speakers for the Xbox, which is not awesome.

The manual for the VK-12 is atrocious and isn't available online. As far as I can tell, as long as I have a Dolby signal, it should be working. I can't for the life of me get it working. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts