AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
I agree, great picture quality (very sharp) and the sound was exceptional, especially the bass. I did notice that on the DirecTV feed of HBO that there was some pixelation in the beginning of the film but seemed not to happen later on. I hope that DirecTV is not squeezing out some bandwitdh to support CBS-HD and FOX-ED!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Same deal here. Flipped it on simply to dismiss it and sat down and watched the whole thing. Would never have sniffed it if it wasn't on HBOHD - but as it was I had fun.

Brian

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
I don't usually post about broadcasts, but thought I would this time...

I was the re-recording mixer on BB..... thanks for the kind words about the sound as I worked very hard on getting some kcicin' low end into the track.... as a matter of fact, I have one of the blown drivers from the mix sitting next to my computer.... signed by the director it says "Biker Boyz.... RIP 1/6/2003... "more thump!"" :) Am glad you all enjoyed it.. these comments mean the world to me :) Marc.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Agreed that the picture quality was outstanding! And the sound was very good also sndmixer! Still, I wish HBO would give us some DTS sound eventually.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Recorded it last night at 4:25AM (169TIME) and watched it this evening. I couldn't keep the characters straight, but enjoyed the movie.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hockeynut
Still, I wish HBO would give us some DTS sound eventually.
I don't see how. There is just barely enough bandwidth to handle HD. I don't think there are any HD receivers that will decode DTS.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am a motorcycle nut. I saw BB in the theater and HBO. I don't remember it looking that good at the theater. That film will be a cult classic some day, I am glad it is preserved so well.

I rented American Wedding on dvd. Bad transfer on a very bad movie.

·
Registered
466 Posts
 Faster: Two wheels. 200MPH. Every man for himself will become a cult classic. Biker Boyz and all its dirt riding will only be remembered for its comical moments. I hope that HDNet could find a way to get the rights to Faster, since it won’t have a major theatrical release.

·
Premium Member
11,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stealthg2000
i agree, "Bad Dog", LOL
From someone who is a former member of Chicago's "Fast Life" "South Side"of the 90's( I have the jacket to prove it), the movie is actually very accurate in how things are done on the crotch rockets. I have been there, done that. I have seen a few die. I even have some VHS footage of some of the races. Too bad HD camcorders were not available then. I even received a ticket for "operating a motor vehicle on one wheel".

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Kipp: Wish I could think of a smart ass reply, but I don't think I will go there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Biker Boyz looked GREAT on HBO. I prefer to watch movies at home in HDTV than to go to the movie theaters. With a great picture and Dolby Digital surround sound, who can ask for more. :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
I can't remember seeing such a good transfer on any HD channel, including OTA!

Too bad the movie was less than watchable, even though I stuck around a couple of times because of the picture quality.

You could actually count the potmarks on Larry F.'s face!

Love Larry F.'s work, but this was a bad bad movie with a great transfer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.