AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
You can build a Marty stand for them :)
Thanks for checking in I understand you don't like your1099s much:eek: I am leaning that route just buld 3 cubes that could be used for Martys latter if required :cool: AND SO IT BEGINS :D I should have never bult that subwoofer kit from PE. ;)

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Bill,

All I can say is you're going to freak!
Looking forward to hear your thoughts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Bill,

All I can say is you're going to freak!
Looking forward to hear your thoughts
The first thing I am going to do is put in Inception and go to the scene where the glass breaks. I heard it once in a BB Magnolia room on some high end B&Ws and it was like crap youare right there. Almost made me jump it was so real. That is what I am looking for! I will play it on the 301s then play it on the 1099s Then I will listen to all the scenes that the Vancover guys put up on gogle +. I may have to down load some old school rock to see what I missed in my foggy youth

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
The first thing I am going to do is put in Inception and go to the scene where the glass breaks. I heard it once in a BB Magnolia room on some high end B&Ws and it was like crap youare right there. Almost made me jump it was so real. That is what I am looking for! I will play it on the 301s then play it on the 1099s Then I will listen to all the scenes that the Vancover guys put up on gogle +. I may have to down load some old school rock to see what I missed in my foggy youth
Make sure you have your first aid kit right next to you after watching that scene when playing the 1099's :p

·
Registered
408 Posts
Awesome! I can't wait for mine to get here. My wife doesn't understand my excitement. So I have to come here. :)

Would the speakers move due to vibrations from the subs if used as a stand?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Awesome! I can't wait for mine to get here. My wife doesn't understand my excitement. So I have to come here. :)

Would the speakers move due to vibrations from the subs if used as a stand?
When I had the 45 pound EP2500 amp sitting on one of my subs, it would get sliding around pretty good when messing around with stupid stuff like Bass I Love You. When I had my Volt-10's sitting on my subs, they also moved around but that was just raw MDF sitting on raw MDF. I would think with some soft rubber feat of some kind you might be ok, but you'd have to try it and see. :) Of course, it all depends on your subs too.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
cross over board size and recomendations

There is really no "optimal" size. I think mine are 7 x 8.5 or something. It's really just how you lay it out and making sure that it will fit through either a woofer hole or the waveguide hole in the cabinet.
You can use 18 or even 20 AWG stranded wire. For such short runs, it will be perfectly fine. Also, just think of how small the leads on the components themselves are, and they are good for lots of voltage and current.
I use black and red to help keep things straight.
You can verify your wiring by pretending you are a car that is driving down the "+" wire from the amplifier. "Drive" into each component in the order that they should be in according to the schematic, you should be able to see where your connections are correct or not correct. It's silly, but it works.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If so can you put that post over at my build thread I think that is how I want to cut and do nothave any way to draw that myself. What did you use?
A = 36.25" x 12"
B = 36.25" x 13"
C = 13" x 11"
Outside Dimensions: 12.5" wide x 14.5" deep x 36.25" tall.

The attached mockups were both done in Google Sketchup. It's the only tool that I have that allows me to make quick adjustments. FYI: The baffles cutouts are not to scale here... I just through them together for a quick preview.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
A = 36.25" x 12"
B = 36.25" x 13"
C = 13" x 11"

The attached mockups were both done in Google Sketchup. It's the only tool that I have that allows me to make quick adjustments. FYI: The baffles cutouts are not to scale here... I just through them together for a quick preview.
thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
A = 36.25" x 12"
B = 36.25" x 13"
C = 13" x 11"

This is a cut sheet for three speakers, unless I'm reading it totally wrong. That being said, I don't see a cut to account for a double-baffle. Is it not necessary with these speakers? If so, I could fit 2 1099s on a single sheet!

·
Registered
261 Posts
This is a cut sheet for three speakers, unless I'm reading it totally wrong. That being said, I don't see a cut to account for a double-baffle. Is it not necessary with these speakers? If so, I could fit 2 1099s on a single sheet!
Yep, three speakers on the cut sheet. I think some builds have used a double baffle, but the consensus has been that one is fine. So, a single sheet for you my friend. Don't forget to create a build thread and take lots of pictures.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I am using this cross over
That one is correct. Tux just made some of the values of the caps on the drawing wonky such as 560nF = .56uF, etc. Still correct, just different to read and different from what the print on the actual components will say (.56uF).

There is also this one:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
and this layout
Anyone have time to perform a sanity check on my mock-crossover? See attached. Left side is top of board. Right side is bottom/wire side of board. Thanks!
(version 2 attached with corrected labeling)

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hello, WILLIAM WADE

Thank you for your order from DIY Sound Group. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at [email protected] or call us at 513-931-7899 Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET.
Your shipping confirmation is below. Thank you again for your business.
We have shipped your Order #100002544

YEAH BABY

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
No problem with adjusting sizes to fit your space. The cube is 2' by 2' by 25.5" and I wouldn't go smaller. If you drop one down to 22" I would do 24" by 22" by 27" high. Having the 1099 a little higher ( 1-3") won't effect the sound at all. Having waveguide lower will.
So what if I went front 25.5" wide by 26" high and 23" deep? Can I put my port out the side with it on the back wall and oppisite side or in the top back like your mini marty video?

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
So what if I went front 25.5" wide by 26" high and 23" deep? Can I put my port out the side with it on the back wall and oppisite side or in the top back like your mini marty video?
To put a side port you need at least 26" (piece)where port is. If you put port in the top it's no problem.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
To put a side port you need at least 26" (piece)where port is. If you put port in the top it's no problem.
It looks like the orginal design the port is 40"x2". Out the top my back would be 24" wide x 25.25" tall and the back port piece would be 2" shorter or 23.25" on the back. What would the total length be?

21 - 40 of 84 Posts