AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to connect my iPod to my Warfedale speakers (2, which both use binding post connections currently) is there a way i could connect them both to a single 3.5mm audio jack so i can play my iPod through them which will be docked on a universal dock? any help would be greatly appreciated

!BiyEZ2gCGk~$(KGrHqIH-DIEs6M76bI5BLQrbKISU!~~_35.jpg 11k .jpg file

into

b626e10e22a0f3fb4d163210.jpg 28k .jpg file

Attachments

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
You make it sound as if you think that the IPod can directly drive the speakers. No.

The speakers need power amplifiers to drive them.

In all probability you will need to get a receiver with power amplifiers, which the IPod will connect to.. The Denon 1312 receiver is a fairly inexpensive route to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfava  /t/1419129/binding-post-to-3-5mm#post_22197826

i want to connect my iPod to my Warfedale speakers (2, which both use binding post connections currently) is there a way i could connect them both to a single 3.5mm audio jack so i can play my iPod through them which will be docked on a universal dock? any help would be greatly appreciated
!BiyEZ2gCGk~$(KGrHqIH-DIEs6M76bI5BLQrbKISU!~~_35.jpg 11k .jpg file

into
b626e10e22a0f3fb4d163210.jpg 28k .jpg file

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
The Denon has binding posts on the rear, so you just run a pair of wires from the Denon receiver to each speaker.

Binding posts take stripped bare wire ends, so no connectors are needed. The Denon manual shows pictures and gives descriptions for any connections that you want make.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts