Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9.5yo son bought this with his alowance and we just got done viewing,

much better than I thought it was going to be.

I was suprised it was in 1.78AR and DTS! PQ, SQ were great...some very

good LFE's through out the movie, and good use of the surrounds.

Now if more kids movies were done like this I wouldn't fall a sleep....

Lego's rock!!!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I picked this up for my 7-yo on Tuesday and he saw it in his room. I'll probably throw it on downstairs tonight for him to see on the big screen. Glad to hear it's DTS and 16 X 9.

Gus

·
Registered
712 Posts
My son has watched this three times in the past 3 days. Less painful than one would expect.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I recognize a lot of celebrity voices from the commercials.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Our boys liked this so much that watched this 2 days in a row this weekend. I think if you have kids who are into Bionicles this is a must see. It's not something as an adult that I'd choose, but it was much better than I expected. I was impressed by the extensive use of the rear speakers in the soundtrack. I'd rate the audio as at least very good. We were cracking up as we watched it listening to the kids say "There's my blue guy!", "There's my green guy!", "There's my red guy!".

·
Registered
226 Posts
My son loved it! Watched it with the X1 FP at 100", colors were awesome and souround too. My son has asked to watch it everyday for about 1 week now. Downside is now he says he "needs" to get this "bad guy and that bad guy, and "I don't have this guy either" @ $8.00 a pop

·
Registered
253 Posts
It seems that the DVD is unrated, and I have no clue about the movie's content. Would it be OK for a four-year old boy to watch it? (I guess he is a bit too young, but it's already been a while since I allowed him to watch Power Rangers on TV.)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Einold
It seems that the DVD is unrated, and I have no clue about the movie's content. Would it be OK for a four-year old boy to watch it? (I guess he is a bit too young, but it's already been a while since I allowed him to watch Power Rangers on TV.)

My 3.5 Y/o watches and likes it. If your 4 y/o can handle power rangers he could handle Bionicle

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Einold
It's rated PG...if I remember correctly the worst scene was the death of one of the young Bionicles, trying to protect his friend.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Oh, no! Encouraged by your kind recommendations, I was about to buy a copy of it for my son (and for myself, I admit). My wife, however, did not want to allow the kid to watch another show that might look "cool" to him. She also asked me not to let him watch Power Rangers anymore. Since I fully respected her decision and couldn't justify buying the movie for myself, I ended up buying Casper instead. (She may deem it a little too spooky for the kid, though.)

Here's another question: movies like Casper and The Haunting have been recommended because of their soundtracks, not necessarily because of their contents; according to kweezr's comments, the same would be true with Bionicle: Mask of Light, wouldn't it?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My son bought it for it's content, I enjoyed it more for the SQ(a PB2+ will

make the lousiest movie watchable:D)and the PQ, I will probably not

watch it again...but you never know:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.