AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Near 2 hours now and I simply cannot understand the vague, badly worded instructions from Iwill-usa's web site.

I have a KA266 non-raid motherboard V1.3 that needs the newer May 8 BIOS, but I cannot understand the instructions. They are not specific for MY Bios and as a result, I need to replace files and names and I am not able to do so because it just doesn't make sense to me. Add on the fact that I am dyslexic and you have a recipe for disaster here.

Can someone please help me with this? Iwill's web site is BELOW. Select KA266 from the PURE MOTHERBOARD Menu at top. On the Driver's page it lists the Bios I need, "32401B."

Now, I believe I am suppose to enter into DOS mode, though that means using a startup disc with stupid WinME. But once in, I don't know what to do. I cannot figure out what to write or how this works. I know I need my current Bios set to FLASH and I did that. But looking at the instructions, I am at a complete loss. The instructions are not specific for THIS Bios. It's from a completely different Bios and MB! WTF?!

HELP PLEASE!
http://support.iwill.net/index_e.html

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
My Iwill is one of th easiest mobos to flash that I've had. You need a floppy with the aflash util and the bios you want to send. You hit a key a bootup (Ctrl something?) and it loads the files from floppy. It says it at bootup.

This is with a KK266. Yours is newer I believe so I would think its fairly similar. PM me if you need more help.

------------------

Cal Z.

Mits 65903 (65" widescreen HDTV)+ RCA DTC-100

and

Gateway Destination 27" (Princeton Arcadia based)+HTPC (Pentium II 400, 256mb, 20gb+9gb HD, Radeon LE, cybertainment tv tuner, asus dvd-rom, hercules game theater xp, Kenwood VR409 DTS receiver)

[email protected]

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish it were that simple.

WHOOPS. It is... I just snipped this post.

[This message has been edited by Matt_Stevens (edited 06-05-2001).]

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I DIG now. I am typing this under my new Bios. Thank you. I was never so scared in my life as I watched it update. I didn't breath the entire time! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/eek.gif So far so good.

NOW I need to know if I should install the ATI RADEON series¡G patch that is listed on the same Drivers page. File name: wme_radeon_4_13_7075.exe

There is also an ALi patch for Windows, drv102.exe Would you recommend I do these one at a time? Or not at all?

I will be doing the on board sound later tonight or tomorrow and I want to be sure I am 100% updated.

Thanks again!

[This message has been edited by Matt_Stevens (edited 06-05-2001).]

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I remember the feeling the first time. I was doing it during a storm and I get frequent brownouts. After hitting the button, I realized how stupid it was to do it then since a crash during the flash could easily mean a trip back to the factory.

------------------

Cal Z.

Mits 65903 (65" widescreen HDTV)+ RCA DTC-100

and

Gateway Destination 27" (Princeton Arcadia based)+HTPC (Pentium II 400, 256mb, 20gb+9gb HD, Radeon LE, cybertainment tv tuner, asus dvd-rom, hercules game theater xp, Kenwood VR409 DTS receiver)

[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.