AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am relocating and "remodeling" my home theater setup in our living room. I currently have Definitive Technology BP7006 bipolar towers w/subwoofers for mains and Definitive Technology SR-8040BP bipolar surrounds that will make the move to new locations and room setup. I am also switching my center to a wall mounted (jury is still out on above/below tv mounting) Definitive Technology DI 6.5" LCR and a HSU VTF3 MK5 subwoofer.

Currently, my surrounds are mounted 8.5' above the floor @ center of the speaker so you could say they are mounted around 5.5' above my seated ear level. Personally, I really love the sound.....but only when I stand up. They are mounted too high in my ears humble opinion. My question is simply how high would you recommend mounting them? I have attached a picture of the room they are going in and where for reference. Also, my ceilings are 9' and the tops of the speakers almost touch the top...

If you would like to comment/suggest on the rest of the speakers placement, I am more than willing to listen and would appreciate it. The wall the TV is mounted on is 11' 4" and the TV is a 70' 4K. Also the room depth from wall to windows is almost 15'

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I'm using bi-pole towers for my surrounds, drivers are right at 42", which not only works well as they are, but works well for adding a height layer if you think you might expand later.

Honestly, just get yourself some boxes and play with different heights to see which you like best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts