AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some speaker advice for a music room/pub we're going to be building in our basement. I'm a drummer and know a lot of musicians, so I want to set up a live jam session area in the room, which is about 40' X 23'. The band would be set up at one end of the room, and we'll have some tables and chairs near the center of the room for friends and family who want to come along to listen. I'm considering looking at bipole speakers that can be used as both band monitors and voice speakers for the guests. I'd be mounting them on the two side walls with a set aimed at the band and the other set toward the seating area. (I've attached a diagram showing the room set-up and where I'm thinking about mounting them.) Has anyone ever heard of bipoles being used like this? Are there bipoles that are tough enough to stand up to live vocals at a pretty high volume? Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
Are there bipoles that are tough enough to stand up to live vocals at a pretty high volume?
There are not. This is a pro-sound application, and only pro-sound speakers will work. Even though it's not a club you have to set the system up like a club, with separate mains and monitors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts