AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those people in the Cleveland viewing area, I'm sure you have seen the momentary pauses or glitches every three to five seconds on NBC digital channel 2.1. It's not your equipment or atmospherics but a fault with the transmitting software at WKYC, the local NBC affiliate. I spoke with the broadcast engineer and he confirmed it's their problem. Unfortunately, he said he didn't have the man power, time or budget for someone to look into this problem. I think this may be based on the "Nobody is really watching DTV channel 2.1 so who cares" syndrome.

Please voice your concern. Call WKYC and complain. Let them know there are viewers of digital television. Tell them you only watch their commercial advertisements and programming on digital channel 2.1.

WKYC can be reached at (216) 344-3333

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Dave,

I have called several times before, and the engineer said that it would be up and running in 2 weeks. Boy, that was a load of Horse Sh%t. It has been about a month and still no dice. I know you all have heard it before, but if enough of us call in they may finally get their act together. So everyone in the Cleveland area please call, and call, and call.

Also, Please post any news(or what line the guy feeds you at this post.

Fred

·
Registered
342 Posts
I wrote to the engineer. I wrote to the General Manager. I have had no answers.

I wrote and told them that I've stopped watching their local programming. And I've held to that boycott.

This all began right after they became all-digital.

I suspect they are under orders from higher up. No one producing a program and broadcasting it would want it to be unviewable--which their HDTV is.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sent out a few emails, one to WKYC and one to Gannett (sp?) Not sure if they'll get to the right people though, just sent them to generic programming or feedback email addresses.

·
Registered
202 Posts
We are aware of the problem with our digital transmission, but have all of our resources tied up temporarily with other problems. I expect to address this problem next week. In the meantime, I appologize for the inconvenience.

Rex Rickly, CE

So maybe by the end of the year? :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like WKYC fixed their bit error problem. No momentary pauses every few seconds. Spoke with the broadcast engineer. He said they found a bad clock source. So far so good.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Dave, Wooderson, Stanz, and other Cleveland viewers

I turned on Leno tonight, and there were no dropouts like Dave said. They may have finally fixed it.:) Please post here if there are any other problems. I tried calling a month ago, and no action was taken. It may have been that our group effort got them off their butts to fix the problem. WTG Cleveland viewers.

Now, if we could only get PBS in digitally.

Fred

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.