AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my current configuration:

Windows 7 64bit

Amd athlon X2 dual core processor(2.7 ghz)

Nvidia Gtx465

8gb Ram

Samsung Blu ray drive

Nvidia IR 3d vision

Onkyo HT-RC270 Receiver, Polk 7.1 tower speakers and subwoofer

Optoma HD67 Projector

Cyberlink Powerdvd 10 Mark II Ultra Max, Powerdvd 11

Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 5

I'm planning to replace my existing gtx465 with the gtx460.

I want to bitstream HD lossless audio from my PC and use 3d at the same time. It is 720p 3d.

I will be using one port for the video to my projector and another other port for my audio to my receiver.

Is the Gtx 460 capable of doing this with the above software?

Do I need to buy a mini hdmi to hdmi cable or can I use a Dvi to hdmi cable for audio?

How does the gtx460 compare to my existing 465?

It bitstreams the audio for my receiver to decode right?

Please help me out.Thanks

·
Registered
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas1015
This is my current configuration:

Windows 7 64bit

Amd athlon X2 dual core processor(2.7 ghz)

Nvidia Gtx465

8gb Ram

Samsung Blu ray drive

Nvidia IR 3d vision

Onkyo HT-RC270 Receiver, Polk 7.1 tower speakers and subwoofer

Optoma HD67 Projector

Cyberlink Powerdvd 10 Mark II Ultra Max, Powerdvd 11

Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 5

I'm planning to replace my existing gtx465 with the gtx460.

I want to bitstream HD lossless audio from my PC and use 3d at the same time. It is 720p 3d.

I will be using one port for the video to my projector and another other port for my audio to my receiver.

Is the Gtx 460 capable of doing this with the above software?

Do I need to buy a mini hdmi to hdmi cable or can I use a Dvi to hdmi cable for audio?

How does the gtx460 compare to my existing 465?

It bitstreams the audio for my receiver to decode right?

Please help me out.Thanks
You made a wise choice.

Here is the comparison between the GTX 460 and GTX 465:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/3809/n...0-the-200-king

All Descrete Nvidia GTX 400 & 500 Series GPU have the built in necessary hardware to bitstream DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD (7.1 Audio Channels) via HDMI to your digital audio reciever. You will need a High Speed Mini HDMI Cable with a HDMI Type-A to HDMI Type-C connector for 3D Full HD and to bitstream lossless HD Audio because DVI connection does not transmit HD Audio. Both the GTX 400 and 500 Series have an HDMI 1.4 port so make sure you get a High speed cable that is licensed and certified by HDMI (They usually have that logo tag on the cable or packaging)

I recently upgraded from a Nvidia GTX 470 to a Nvidia GTX 570 and I use this High Speed Mini HDMI cable connect to my 1920x1200 monitor:
http://www.amazon.com/Affinity-HDMI-...3734760&sr=8-7

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgvroadster
You made a wise choice.

Here is the comparison between the GTX 460 and GTX 465:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/3809/n...0-the-200-king

All Descrete Nvidia GTX 400 & 500 Series GPU have the built in necessary hardware to bitstream DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD (7.1 Audio Channels) via HDMI to your digital audio reciever. You will need a High Speed Mini HDMI Cable with a HDMI Type-A to HDMI Type-C connector for 3D Full HD and to bitstream lossless HD Audio because DVI connection does not transmit HD Audio. Both the GTX 400 and 500 Series have an HDMI 1.4 port so make sure you get a High speed cable that is licensed and certified by HDMI (They usually have that logo tag on the cable or packaging)

I recently upgraded from a Nvidia GTX 470 to a Nvidia GTX 570 and I use this High Speed Mini HDMI cable connect to my 1920x1200 monitor:
http://www.amazon.com/Affinity-HDMI-...3734760&sr=8-7
Thanks for your help. Also, is there any way to get the audio in the surround back channels instead of surround channels in 5.1 movies?

I guess HDMI 1.3 will suffice for me since I'm using a 720p 3d projector, right?

·
Registered
567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas1015 /forum/post/20840996

Thanks for your help. Also, is there any way to get the audio in the surround back channels instead of surround channels in 5.1 movies?

I guess HDMI 1.3 will suffice for me since I'm using a 720p 3d projector, right?

I'm not sure - because the HDMI cable and receivers auto dectects the audio file and transmits it to the correct speakers. I'm still an Audiophilie noob and haven't have a chance to fiddle with it yet...

HDMI 1.3 should be good for your set up and at short lengths may be able to also do 1080p 3D...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.