AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago, I did a late night channel search to see if I could pick up some new channels from surrounding areas. I used to get my CBS DTV feed on channel 10.1 and got signals in the 80s and 90s. After doing the channel search, I now get CBS on 19.1 and get signal in the 20s and 30s. When I try to punch in 10.1, it just flips over the 19.1 with no programming. I was really upset that I missed the US Open (especially after inviting friends over to watch it).

Today, I called the station and was told that they're having some problems with the encoding of their digital signal on some receivers, the DTC-100 included. Something about auto-steering?? They say they're working on it, but still I've got no signal.

Has anyone else had this problem? I really think that if I could somehow get the tuner to tune to channel 10.1, I'll be able to get my signal back and watch CBS. I promise I'll never be greedy and try to pull in Pittsburgh and Detroit again. Just give me my Cleveland stations back.

Thanks in advance for any help or moral support you may be able to provide.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Go into the menu and disable the Off air guide! This will make all the channel show the digital numbers without remapping: 12.1 2.1 15.1 10.1 31.1

------------------

Meredith (KPHO) SUCKs! Phoenix CBS station with no HD just SD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that suggestion. It worked to get 10.1 back, but the signal strenght hasn't changed. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
CH 19 ( DTV 10-2 ) IS THE WORST STATION IN CLEVELAND. IT COMES IN ONLY 10-15% OF THE TIME IN MENTOR. I CAN GET DETROIT CBS DTV (CH62 ) WHEN THE WEATHER IS GOOD BETTER THAN CH 19 WOIO.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ron,

I feel your pain. I just got a DST-3000 and wanted to invite my friends over for some HD football. I can't seem to get CBS-10.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I can now get 10-1 at 72 strength. Sometimes I get a great picture with no break up for long intermissions and sometimes I get all kinds of digital garbage pixelization (while still at 72 strength.) I even get what looks like half NBC and half ABC. I don't know how to explain that (especially when flipping between CBS and FOX-DT.) Has anyone had a similar experience? I did get to watch most of the first half of the NCAA game almost free of that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.