AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that these cables are of very high quality and probably worth every penny and mostly bought for LONGER cable needs.

But my question id what about the shorter ones? 3-10 that they sale.

I have read many post and I understand that the cheap BJC and Mono's are all I need for cables 10 and shorter BUT if thats the case why does BJ sell the Series 1 at shorter lenghts? Is there ANY benefit what so ever in getting the shorter Series 1 cables over say the series 2 or the cheaper tartans at say lenghts of 10 and shorter?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
BJC Tartan 28 AWG is certified high speed up to 10'. If you are using a single cable of that length or less, it should be fine. If it works without sparkles or worse, you will see no improvement using a higher grade cable.

The reason you might want a short cable in a higher grade is that what counts is the total length of all connect cables. If you are running a 50' Series 1 in the wall, which is longer than any certified high speed, or even standard, cable, it makes sense to use a Series 1 or Series F2 from the wall to the equipment on both ends, even if short.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm /forum/post/19555117

BJC Tartan 28 AWG is certified high speed up to 10'. If you are using a single cable of that length or less, it should be fine. If it works without sparkles or worse, you will see no improvement using a higher grade cable.

The reason you might want a short cable in a higher grade is that what counts is the total length of all connect cables. If you are running a 50' Series 1 in the wall, which is longer than any certified high speed, or even standard, cable, it makes sense to use a Series 1 or Series F2 from the wall to the equipment on both ends, even if short.

Makes perfect sense, thank you very much for answering my question!!!

Btw, BJC or Mono's?

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
For my money, anything over 30' go with BJC Series 1, Series F2 for short cables between wall and device. Otherwise, just go with a certified high speed cable. Monoprice and BJC Tartan are similar in performance and price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts