AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd write about a problem I had with an easy solution so that others would know about this if it happened to them.

Yesterday, the picture coming through my replay lost all color -- I don't just mean that the color was washed out, I mean that the picture turned black and white. This was true not only for live tv but also for recorded shows that I knew had been correctly recorded. When I switched inputs on my tv to watch direct through a split cable, the color was fine; so I was able to narrow the possible culprit down to the replay unit, the connection from the replay to the tv and that particular S-video input on the tv.

At first I did not suspect the connection between my replay and my tv because, although the picture was black and white, the quality was otherwise absolutely perfect. So I wasted some time trying soft and hard reboots for a while. Then I did a search on the forum and found someone else who had reported the same problem and claimed that the S-connector was at fault.

So, I jiggled the S-connector a bit and sure enough, the color popped back on. Case solved.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.