AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for black backing for my screen (Grandview Flat Series Fixed 4K AT)

I already have a black fabric on the wall behind the screen so not sure can I improve the contrast further by placing black backing just behind the screen. But if I can improve I will ;) So if you have experiences on improvement black backing behind the screen VS. wall would be happy to hear.

Of course I'm looking for a good performance with good light absorption and good acoustic transparency when planning to install it behind the screen and in front of the speakers.

Not too many options I found but these:
Black Backing for Acoustically Transparent Screens

Screen Research: Stoplight

Any experiences on those or recommendations for possible other products?

ScreenResearch one sound good at least in their marketing speech. However, wonder how's the sound attenuation performance on that: ScreenResearch says 2dB and Silverticket says 0,2dB.

Both says of course that it doesn't matter, just compensate with the speaker level. Anyway 2dB VS. 0,2dB sounds heavy to me....

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
I have a floor-rising AT screen and just bought the black backing from Silver Ticket to hang behind the screen when it is in use. I have an entertainment center behind my screen, so paint is not an option.

I recently had an AT fixed frame screen from Silver Tickets and with the backing that came with it, there was zero light bleed through and I do not think the audio was impacted in any way. With my new screen, I was surprised to see how much light makes it through the screen, but I think the black backing will be an easy solution.

The backing arrives today so I will be anxious to try it tonight.

Reactions: Kuvernaattori

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a floor-rising AT screen and just bought the black backing from Silver Ticket to hang behind the screen when it is in use. I have an entertainment center behind my screen, so paint is not an option.

I recently had an AT fixed frame screen from Silver Tickets and with the backing that came with it, there was zero light bleed through and I do not think the audio was impacted in any way. With my new screen, I was surprised to see how much light makes it through the screen, but I think the black backing will be an easy solution.

The backing arrives today so I will be anxious to try it tonight.
Any experiences yet?

For me it doesn't matter so much if some of light is getting through (wall behind covered in black) as long as none light is reflected back from the black backing.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Any experiences yet?

For me it doesn't matter so much if some of light is getting through (wall behind covered in black) as long as none light is reflected back from the black backing.
Yes! I put four clips on the top of my entertainment center to hold the black backing in place. When I don't use it, I see a lots of light reflected back from my TV and other shining objects on the entertainment center. With the backing, nothing. I noticed that the backing does allow a little light to pass through it, but none of that light is reflected back from the TV. My only concern is that since I am putting up and taking down the material regularly, it will eventually tear, as it is pretty thin. But at this point, I have found it to be an excellent solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts