AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had Comcast installed this week and noticed that there is a black bar running across the bottom of my 65-inch Mits on all HD feeds. The bar goes away and the picture fills the full screen on 480P channels. I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with Comcast tech support but nothing was accomplished except setting up an appointment for a tech to come out on Friday and take a look. Anyone else have this issue? Could it be a defective cable box? Is there some adjustment withing the menus of the 5100 that can pull down the image to eliminate that black bar?

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, donjulio...but ---

No luck. My settings on the box are as they should be for 16:9 and override. The problem is also apparent when the power of the 5100 is OFF except then the bar is dark grey and not black. This is certainly an odd issue and it is not addressed in the Moto troubleshooting info. I think it may be a defective unit since it only happens on the HD channels. For what it's worth, my TV has been ISF calibrated and the geometry and overscan is just what it's supposed to be. Hopefully there is a fix for this.

·
Registered
465 Posts
There is an option within the Setup menu (off the Main Menu) to move the position of the picture on your screen but I don't think that is going to help you. It's a global type setting and if you're Ok on 480 but way high on 1080 it's probably not going to solve your problem. Worth a look anyway.

jack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.