AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a TXM3096WHF 30" Samsung 16:9 HDTV. I have calibrated the TV using Video Essentials and couldn't be happier with the picture for the price I paid for this TV. However, when I am watching a DVD with a higher aspet ratio and the black bars are visable, the top bar seems to be slightly higher on one side then the other. The bottom bar is even. This really distracts me. Can anyone tell me what option in the service menu I can change to fix this??? Any help would be appreciative. Thanks for reading this.

Shawn

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Read this URL and after doing so put the word Movie Theater in your mind as when the show starts they dim the lights to get your attention and get the correct aspect ratio on to fit on the screen, they don't turn them back on again and neither do I. Welcome to the AVS forum on almost every forum there is a caveat emptor saying black bars are normal on wide aspect ratios.:) http://www.widescreenmuseum.com/index.htm#TERMS

·
Registered
343 Posts
Christ we can always count on Bionic Manaus for a barely coherent post that is offtopic and provides a link to that lame website.....

Sorry Bio don't mean to flame you but you could probably distill your 1130 posts into three or four meaningful sentences.

Ummm ok I apologize for hijacking this thread for a personal barb

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dearth
Christ we can always count on Bionic Manaus for a barely coherent post that is offtopic and provides a link to that lame website.....

Sorry Bio don't mean to flame you but you could probably distill your 1130 posts into three or four meaningful sentences.

Ummm ok I apologize for hijacking this thread for a personal barb

Is this the way we treat a new member who has asked for our help? When I seen that 29 lurkers read but didn't help I put on a URL that would give a guy, a perspective of why their is black bars in his Widescreen. Dearth I already had aver 3,600 posts as Hob and I am not trying to reach the moon again, it's not the number it's the quality we call *PQ*!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Your *PQ* obviously doesn't include reading the original posters questions now does it? He isn't concerned that there are bars, it's that there seems to be a distortion of the top bar causing it to be uneven.

Shawn, this type of setting is a pretty basic geometry tweak that most displays have tucked away "somewhere". I would do a few searches here and on the net in general for Samsung service menu to see what you come up with. Good luck!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Exactly my point Kadman :) I normally don't care but it just rubbed me the wrong way to view two posts by Bionic with zero content and links to that lame website.

If you want to advertise some lame website at least read the post you are replying to and attempt to leave something constructive or even partly on topic.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
Lay off poor old HOB! He is famous for coining the term "FOOLSCREEN" for those who use 4:3 sets for HDTV instead of the proper WIDESCREEN models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.