AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i recently purchased an Optoma 705 DLP projector and when i plug it into my laptop, via vga port, i get an ugly black border around the image from the laptop, roughly 6"s wide. What I am wondering is, is this normal? Someone had mentioned to me that i should be using an SVGA cable rather than a standard VGA cable, but I don't believe that. Any help would greatly appreaciated as i am ready to boot this thing out my window. Thanks in advance for any help.

· Registered
266 Posts
try changing your video settings on the laptop - if you are running 1024*768 try 800*600 - I'm not really familiar with that projector but it sounds like the feed you are sending it is not the native resolution of the projector....

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, thanks for the repsonse, but it doesn't matter which resolution i run in, it still has a 6" black border around the proejected image, i am beginning to think that this is the projector causing the black border, ugly.

· Registered
266 Posts
Can you test another device into the projector like a DVD player? That'll help isolate the cause of the border.

It doesn't really sound like a defect of the projector, more a matter that it's manipulating the image based on the input device/settings.

Also, if you are running XP you may have to define what the external adapter setting is separately from the primary display settings. For example on my Thinkpad I have to modify my external display settings to optimize using my X1 and THinkpad together....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.