AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so i finally took the plunge into the front projection world for my family room and I went all in with it. (Black Diamond 92" G3 w/ the Panasonic PT-AE7000U Projector)

I got REALLY lucky on the screen... I got the screen unused & un-assembled from a guy on Craigslist for $760! ...now here's the bad part....it has a minor horizontal scratch on the bottom left portion.(1/2" or so) Also, there's a few really small dents but I'm definitely not as worried about those. I wanted to get some expert opinions from seasoned veterans in the front projection world to see if these issues are worth freaking out about. I haven't installed the screen or the projector in the family room yet, but I did try the Panasonic projector on the screen and BARELY noticed the small scratch. (only saw it when brighter colors were on the screen.. and when i say "saw it", i mean i had to really look for it) What do you guys think? Is it really worth going through all the trouble of replacing the entire screen just for that? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I would put the screen up and do some viewing. After viewing then I would contact SI if it's a bother, and see if they can assist you with your issues.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already tried using the projector on it and you really cant see it unless you try very hard to look for it in bright scenes. I appreciate the tip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts