AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black Friday 2010: 13 of the Best Deals

By Rachel Cericola
Wondering what deals can be had on the busiest shopping day of the year?

Black Friday deals are a lot like a unicorn sighting. Sure, you hear about them, but do they really exist?

A good deal is certainly hard to find. A lot of times you get fixated on something that you think is a good bargain, only to find it for $10 less onlinein April. If you're going to wake up at the crack of dawn and bother to put on pants, you'd better make sure that the bargains are, well actually bargains.

We've seen pages and pages of sale prices, starbursts and endless exclamation points. Instead of buying into everything we've seen, we've scoured the ads and done a bit of homework. Our comparison shopping narrowed down 13 of the best Black Friday tech deals. We've tried to get a decent sampling from a variety of retailers. Of course, there are many other sales, as well as online deals. Amazon even announced plans to extend Black Friday to a week-long shopping event!

Whatever you have your eye on, make sure to do a bit of research before you blindly start grabbing at retail shelves. Happy hunting!

Xbox 360 4GB Console with Freebies

Kids of all ages would love to see an Xbox under the tree. What could seal the deal for many lucky kids out there is the batch of freebies that Target is offering with every purchase. Each console will come with a couple of wireless controllers, so there shouldn't be any (well, much) fighting over who gets to play. Also, shoppers will be treated to a $50 gift card, which can be used for games, wrapping paper, of tissues to wipe away those tears when you kick someone's butt in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Click here to continue.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I try not to get hooked into that black Friday race.

1. If you don't wast your week and camp out in the cold and put up with all the pushing,and you probably won't get what you were waiting for.

2. People tend to be rude, pushy, and just plain stingy on black Friday shopping.

3. There is usually not enough product to go around, and you will leave with an attitude.

4. DANGER!!!!!!!! You may get trampled!!!!!!!!!

5. Is it all worth it? I mean, it's just STUFF.

·
Registered
834 Posts
that 2 TB external for $70 is a good deal, but I don't want to deal w/black friday crowds of angry people like the other poster mentioned.... would be nice if amazon had that price (since the are affliated with target).

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Remember 2TB USB 2 ONLY drives are not too practical, as it can take ~21 hours to copy to it. (Target has the discontinued WD mybook for $69 + tax.)

Instead I bought the external 3TB Western Digital mybook with usb 2 and usb 3. Amazon sells it for $149 total.

The 3TB WD drive itself runs quite cool, unlike previous WD "green" drives. It also powers itself off to standby mode due to inactivity. So WD has caught up to Samsung. Actually their platter data density is a bit higher.

Don't know if they can match Samsung in reliability.

From my cursory test, Usb 3 is approximately as fast as eSata. Everyone clap!

Its about time, and no thanks to Intel.

A usb 3 port(s) motherboard is strongly recommended for those build their own HTPC.

Just say no to USB2 and 1TB+ drives

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.