AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The black friday BB ad is now online. Looks like they are selling two different sets of floor speakers at 50% off. You can get Klipsch - Icon 2-Way Triple 6-1/2 floor model VF-36 for $237 each, or the 5-1/2 for $187. Not knowing much about this brand is this a good deal? How would these speakers sound as a 2.0 system, later to be added to a 5.1?

I could always buy them this week, then return the receipt next week and get credited the discount. Screw getting up at 4:00am.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmclain73 /forum/post/19504579

The black friday BB ad is now online. Looks like they are selling two different sets of floor speakers at 50% off. You can get Klipsch - Icon 2-Way Triple 6-1/2 floor model VF-36 for $237 each, or the 5-1/2 for $187. Not knowing much about this brand is this a good deal? How would these speakers sound as a 2.0 system, later to be added to a 5.1?

I could always buy them this week, then return the receipt next week and get credited the discount. Screw getting up at 4:00am.

Black Friday deals don't work that way. They won't price match them.

·
Registered
664 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmclain73 /forum/post/19504579

Getting up at 4am??? HA. Try noon the day prior. Not worth saving $237 in my book by a long shot. I always get a kick out of the people living in tents in front of Best Buy for 2 days prior to Black Friday.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought same speakers with same discount during Black Friday of last year with no hassle at all. I didn't see too many people walking out with those speakers anyway.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/19504657

Black Friday deals don't work that way. They won't price match them.

I thought the same, however, when in at a BB the other day a person working the floor trying to get me to buy a TV stand said I can always get the discount if it goes on sale for black Friday. Then again, BB employees have been wrong in the past....about everything!

Back to the original question, are those speakers woth it for a 2.0 later to be upgraded to a 5.1 system?

·
Registered
29,190 Posts
I don't see people lining up to buy those speakers. You can probably get them Friday afternoon when the lines are gone.

But you should have no problem checking them out at your BestBuy now. Take some on your own music and test them in store.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmclain73 /forum/post/19504906

I thought the same, however, when in at a BB the other day a person working the floor trying to get me to buy a TV stand said I can always get the discount if it goes on sale for black Friday. Then again, BB employees have been wrong in the past....about everything!

Back to the original question, are those speakers woth it for a 2.0 later to be upgraded to a 5.1 system?

VERY TRUE. You can add this one to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/19504912

I don't see people lining up to buy those speakers. You can probably get them Friday afternoon when the lines are gone.

But you should have no problem checking them out at your BestBuy now. Take some on your own music and test them in store.

Good suggestion.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Quote:

Actually I got them around 10am they were out of stock on that store but they have it on another store so I paid there and picked it up later on the other store with no problem.IMHO going on the afternoon wouldn't be a good idea better if checking on the morning just in case.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmspiderman /forum/post/19504899

I bought same speakers with same discount during Black Friday of last year with no hassle at all. I didn't see too many people walking out with those speakers anyway.

Are you happy with them? Do you have them in a 5.1, 7.1, 3.1, or 2.0 setup? Do you use them more for music or movies?

·
Registered
40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmclain73 /forum/post/19505245

Are you happy with them? Do you have them in a 5.1, 7.1, 3.1, or 2.0 setup? Do you use them more for music or movies?

I'm running a 5.1 configuration with no center and (hope can get a discounted VC-25 this BF hehe) hooked up to a RX-V663 so far I like them very much (I like forward speakers) I most use them for music and movies probably 50/50 ratio.

·
Registered
20,112 Posts

Quote:

Good Idea - Do not buy them blind.

·
Registered
20,112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmclain73 /forum/post/19504906

Not in my book - there are better speakers.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 /forum/post/19505600

Not in my book - there are better speakers.

Sure there are a zillion of better speakers. But you think that with even the 50% discount are better deals than this? I'm not sure about that specially with a recognized brand like Klipsch.

·
Registered
20,112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmspiderman /forum/post/19505680

Sure there are a zillion of better speakers. But you think that with even the 50% discount are better deals than this? I'm not sure about that specially with a recognized brand like Klipsch.

Boston VR1 tower speakers or Boston VR3 towers, at onecall.com

Or the Polk Rtia5 - at the Polk Ebay store for starters.

Klipsch is a house hold name - however, most people love or hate

them for the most part, with no middle ground. I have owned the

Klipsch VB bookshelves, and to me they fell short. I have heard

the towers and they fell short too. However, some people may

love them.

·
Registered
29,190 Posts
This is why the OP needs to listen to them himself. Everyone has different opinions. I generally don't like Klipsch speakers and horn tweeters but he might. And these Klipsch may sound better than other Klipsch speakers I've heard.

Take some music and go listen to them yourself.

·
Registered
20,112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/19505812

This is why the OP needs to listen to them himself. Everyone has different opinions. I generally don't like Klipsch speakers and horn tweeters but he might. And these Klipsch may sound better than other Klipsch speakers I've heard.

Take some music and go listen to them yourself.

To me they sound less bright than the Reference series, and more

smooth than the B series. However, the midrange is still lacking. I

also managed to get that so called, non-removeable grill off the

woofer area. The woofer is ugly.

·
Registered
20,112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/19505960

why is the grille non-removable? They show they w/o the grille here.
http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/vf-36-overview/

I think the WF-35 is sweet looking, not so much the VF speakers.
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it.../klipsch-wf-35

On the Klipsch site, look under overview - it says fixed bottom grill.

You have to unscrew the tweeter, and slide the grill up.

The WF-35 is good looking - Klipsch does good body work. I always

wanted to like Klipsch - However, too sharp and edgy. Pretty good

sometimes with movies. $349 is a good price for th WF-35

1 - 20 of 24 Posts