AVS Forum banner

Was your Black Friday a Boom or a Bust?

• Boom - I found great deals and I got what I wanted/needed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bust - I did not find great deals on anything I wanted/needed.

• Black Friday - Bah Humbug you all are NUTS!

• I do all my shopping at Seven 11 @ 9 p.m. on December 24th.

• I wait to see if there are better deals on the stuff I want closer to Christmas.

• The OP should stop wasting time posting polls and get back to work on his theater!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after Black Friday and the weekend was your Black Friday a Boom or a Bust??????

Personally it was a mixed bag for Mrs. RTROSE and I. We bought pretty much everything we were shopping for, but did not think the deals were as good this year as last year. Had fun anyway and enjoyed talking with and watching all the people.

Maybe if I can I'll add another option of being a mixed bag.

Regards,

RTROSE

·
Registered
115 Posts
Amazon is my friend....

My wife and I are also doing charitable giving this year instead of buying presents for family members - less shopping!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Back to work, slacker!

I'd prefer to get more sleep and keep my sanity than shop on black friday. Not worth any possible savings.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCheese /forum/post/19557327

Amazon is my friend....

My wife and I are also doing charitable giving this year instead of buying presents for family members - less shopping!

Two years ago my wife, SIL and MIL went on an all day BF shopping spree and my wife came up pretty much empty handed on the items we wanted to get the kids. She got home about 8 and by 8:30 I had found what we wanted to get the kids on a couple of sites (went with Amazon) and had ordered what we needed. Now we do a combo of BF shopping and online deal searching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamis /forum/post/19557565

Back to work, slacker!

I'd prefer to get more sleep and keep my sanity than shop on black friday. Not worth any possible savings.

Up to two years ago it was my wife, SIL, and MIL that did the BF shopping thing. Now somehow the past couple of years I have gotten "roped" into going with Mrs. RTROSE, but I treat it more like a "Date Night" more than anything. We don't get going crazy early like some (My SIL was out at 3am) but we were in Best Buy just before 7am. I actually like going and people watching, some take it VERY seriously. I did notice an increased police presence in some of the stores this year over last year, but that does not bother me in the least. Overall everyone was pretty agreeable, last year I saw a couple of Jack Wagons, but this year people seemed pretty pleasant.

Oh, and as to getting back to work. I'm on it. I decided I would enjoy the long holiday weekend and not try to work down there with all of the family stuff going on, but come tomorrow I'll be back down there plugging away.

Regards,

RTROSE

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Done 95% of my shopping online - Mrs Britinva & kids did a little shopping but that was late in day.

I got a nice Samsung 40" HDTV (online - $525) to replace a Sony 40" TV in bedroom (wrong color - says wife) - old one goes in basement rec room for kids gaming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts