AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, guys, I bought my TV this past summer (probably the worst possible time). It is a Panasonic VT25. I don't have any speakers yet, but I know that the best way to build a good system is piece by piece (not HTIB) and I'm not in any hurry. I saw that best buy is offering a Yamaha RX-V567BL. It seems to have some good features:

This A/V home theater receiver features Apple® iPod® compatibility so you can listen to your favorite music in rich 7.1-channel sound. The 40 station presets make it easy to find your favorite stations.

This receiver can help deliver amazing 3D content into your home. Learn what else is required to get the full HD 3D experience.

What's Included

* Yamaha 630W 7.1-Ch. 3D Pass-Through A/V Home Theater Receiver

* Preset remote

* Owner's manual

* 630 watts total power

For powerful sound.

* Surround sound decoders

Include Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD Master Audio and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio for exceptional audio.

* Analog video upconversion

Automatically converts the input signal (composite video) from your VCR, DVD player, DVR or camcorder to a component video signal for hookup to your compatible TV.

* Digital tuner

With 40 station presets let you program your favorites for simple one-touch recall.

* Speaker calibration function

For simplified audio setup.

* Apple iPod compatible

Supports most models with optional iPod A/V dock (not included).

* 4 HDMI inputs

HDMI cable not included. High-speed HDMI cable is the only connection that can deliver a full high-definition experience with a full 1080p picture and digital surround sound.

* Compatible with 3D-ready products

Includes HDMI 3D pass-through technology for compatibility with 3D-ready HDTVs, Blu-ray players and gaming consoles.

* For additional information please see the Specifications Tab

* Apple, the Apple logo and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPod is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.

But what do I know? Is this a good deal $429.99 plus a $50 best buy gift card? Will it fit my needs for a good while or should I wait to buy it all at once. Also, notice they had a some polk audio speakers and subs but thought I should probably research speakers more.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
I just picked up an rx-v667, the next unit up, that I believe has a better amplifier section, for $419 at HHGregg. You'd be better getting that.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see the 667 listed there for 549.99 did they run a special. What is the difference? I see the 667 has more hdmi inputs, but what are the key features that I should look for?

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Far as i know, the 667 has a discrete amp section (which may make no difference), and a better power supply. I would personally go for the receiver with the better power supply, but that's just me.

Might be some other goodies too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guys, remember, tmaschm has a 3d television. Neither of those last two receivers are 3d seeing as they are models from before 3d. The rxv567 with a $50 gift card is not a great deal. I don't know all the differences between the 6 and 5 series Yamaha's but it seems like every year the 6 series is decently better. I bet there is a thread on avs that will tell you the differences.

Jump online and spend a couple days shopping for it and you will get a much better buy. Good luck my friend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.