AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this film on DVD a few times.

I still think the BluRay version is overly grainy.

But I just saw something I'd never seen before.

About 12minutes and 50 seconds in, the marines are on a shooting range, and one of them walks with a 45 towards the target firing as he goes, with bullets flying down both sides of him because he's not back at the firing line.

At any civilian target range I've ever been to you wouldn't be allowed to do that -- the range master would throw you off the premisis, instantly.

(I may check the DVD version later.)

· Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, some defintions

Chalk - I never did find a perfect definition for this. The most relevant seemed to be that when soldiers are reorganized right before going into battle they are assigned to a 'chalk leader' who writes a designator number on his helmet using a stick of chalk, and the soliders write the same number on their helmet, thus grouping them into a 'chalk'. A variation on this is writing the number of the aircraft that will carry them onto their helmets, thus the airplane's cargo is called 'chalk'.

defil - defiltrate, the opposite of infiltrate. To leave.

exfil - exfiltrate, the opposite of infiltrate. To leave.

Weapons Hold: Don't shoot, unless shot at.

Weapons Tight: Shoot at positively identified hostile targets (i.e. don't fire at unknown)

Weapon Free: Shoot at anything not positively identified as freindly.

· Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put in an old SuperBit version of this. The same scene is there, I must have just missed it before.

The SuperBit version is fuzzy, whereas the BluRay version is grainy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.