AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set my 42PX60U to the optimum color settings I had read about, but noticed the Enhanced Black Level was set to Dark, and the option was "grayed-out" so that I could not change it (I was going to set it to Off). I assume it is because my Dish Network receiver is connected directly into the TV, rather that through any of the additional input options.

Am I correct? Is there anyway around the system so that I can change it, and even if there is, will it make a difference?

My settings are:

Picture Mode Standard

Picture +22

Brightness +8

Color -1

Tint -4

Sharpness -14

Color Temperature Warm

·
Banned
10,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwbuddy /forum/post/0

I set my 42PX60U to the optimum color settings I had read about, but noticed the Enhanced Black Level was set to Dark, and the option was "grayed-out" so that I could not change it (I was going to set it to Off). I assume it is because my Dish Network receiver is connected directly into the TV, rather that through any of the additional input options.

Am I correct? Is there anyway around the system so that I can change it, and even if there is, will it make a difference?

My settings are:

Picture Mode Standard

Picture +22

Brightness +8

Color -1

Tint -4

Sharpness -14

Color Temperature Warm

I'm not sure how you have the STB connected to or configured with your TV... but the black level adjustment (light/dark) should be enabled when the PDP is connected to an external tuner (i.e. page 21 of your manual):

"Select Dark or Light. Valid only for external input signals. (Dark/Light)"

Generally it is best to set the black level adjustment to "dark" w/480i and "light" w/720p/1080i.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.