AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when viewing a satellite pix--direct tv- on my sony kv40xbr800 i intermittently get a scrolling black line that goes from top to bottom of the screen---i have remover the speaker above-which btw is shielded but to no avail. what could be the causes?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I also have DirecTV (Sony SAT-T60 DirecTivo) and a Sony KV-40XBR800 TV and do not have this problem. This will be tough problem to troubleshoot without more information:

* What DirecTV receiver are you using? How is it connected to your TV (S-Video, Composite Video, RF?)

* Are you using an A/V Receiver in your system? Please provide more details on how your devices are connected.

* You say the problem is intermittent. Do you have any ideas what might be different when the problem exists versus when it's gone?

* Does the problem with any DirecTV channel, or only a specific channel?

Let's try to narrow down exactly which device is causing the problem, and under what circumstances the problem appears.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i should say my son found the problem--interesting---the black bar scrolling on the tv was most prominent at night and intermittent BECAUSE at nite we turned our ceiling halogen lites on which are are a transformer and rheostat and this was the culprit--radio wave interference--boy i feel stupid---hope others dont have this problem----thanx for ur help Litxdog

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.