1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
37 Posts
Pretty neat indeed...but I wonder how to connect it to a Sony AX-100..through HDMI?
In that case I just get 1080p files recorded to Prores and can finally use Resolve to edit.
Another way to get 4K would be to first record those files inside the cam..then pump them over and have 4K res files in the assistent?
I don't know what exactly I can do with it..yet..can you guys shine some light on that?
The price is right..that's for sure..nice 5 inch screen..nice recorder..free editor..sounds good.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes you can hook up the AX100 to it while it's exporting 4K file but it'll get automatically converted to HD.

A good recommendation for people who want to record 4K would be the PiX E series. It costs $1,195 for the cheapest one (E5H). It lacks SDI output and probably has less features than the E5 which costs $1,395. Both 5". Theirs also 7" version for $1,595 which is $100 less than a bare bones Shogun.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=pix+e&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search

Perhaps BlackMagic will announch a 4K version of the Video Assist for under $1,000 but who knows when it could happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.