AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Is it good or bad that, had I not read it was Johnny Depp, my first thought was that looked like Leo Dicaprio?

****** is an EVIL dude...this should be interesting for sure.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
I'm so there!... Looks like Johnny Depp is back, at last. :cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
8,418 Posts
Just watched the trailer this morning looks real good, well acting wise..Really hope JD gets his mojo back, or at least some respect as his new wife seems to think he's just an actor ;)

Djoel

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I actually shot a whole bunch of behind the scenes footage when they were using Revere Beach as a set. I did this completely on my own as a spectator. A little over 9 months later and I finally see a trailer.

This one shows a lot of the actors coming out of the buses, Johnny Depp arriving and all the actors including Johnny Depp using the beach.

This one shows a lot of the classic cars that were used in the film as well as scenes of Johnny Depp and other actors walking toward the "bar" In reality it's actually a pizza place in which got transformed for the movie.

Here's a playlist that has the rest of my behind the scenes footage that I shot on different days. It includes them setting up the beach and doing construction on the pizza place.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfiUWslpPfwyhwdjEhj0PxO3_lJD1Uzzi

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
I actually shot a whole bunch of behind the scenes footage when they were using Revere Beach as a set. I did this completely on my own as a spectator. A little over 9 months later and I finally see a trailer.

Nice thanks for sharing! :cool: :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm not really concerned about JD, he's still releasing great movies in my opinion but then again I tend to like what others don't. I think the Lone Ranger was a fantastic movie and his acting was brilliant. It just went over peoples head or they couldn't come to grips with how everyone was portrayed. Sure there were a few bombs in his career but who hasn't had them. He's also made some strange decisions, I'll give you that but I don't think he's going anywhere for a long time.

I think this movie looks great. How can you argue with JD and Bacon!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Thanks for the comments. Yeah I figured that now that the first trailer is out, I might as well show off the behind the scenes footage I shot some more. Was trying to post these videos on some of the Black Mass trailers online and I see that I'm ghost banned meaning only I'm the one who can see the comment while everyone else can't. That stinks. At least I see that one of my posts showed up on 1 trailer so far. If anyone is willing to do me a favor and post my top behind the scenes video in the comment section of one of the top Black Mass trailers, that would be great. If anyone does that, please give me the link to the trailer you did it to.

·
Premium Member
23,787 Posts
I will watch it on Blu ray. Don't mind JD

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
I'm not really concerned about JD, he's still releasing great movies in my opinion but then again I tend to like what others don't. I think the Lone Ranger was a fantastic movie and his acting was brilliant. It just went over peoples head or they couldn't come to grips with how everyone was portrayed.
Couldn't agree more, The Lone Ranger was great. People (from what I've read) wanted to see the old show, which I've never seen, and instead got a movie they weren't expecting. And I enjoyed every minute of that movie. When I said he's "back" above, I was thinking more of Transcendance or The Tourist...

·
Registered
243 Posts
See, I actually enjoyed The Tourist. Sure it's not some great intellectual film but once again it's pretty good for what it is. I don't consider Transcendence a flop either. It definitely doesn't approach "very good" but it was a decent sci fi pic and I don't feel I wasted my time watching it. Neither are what you'd probably expect from him but they were probably "vacation" movies for him. Something that would be a lot of fun and doesn't require the intensity of trying to play Hunter S. for example.

Couldn't agree more, The Lone Ranger was great. People (from what I've read) wanted to see the old show, which I've never seen, and instead got a movie they weren't expecting. And I enjoyed every minute of that movie. When I said he's "back" above, I was thinking more of Transcendance or The Tourist...

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think it really isn't about JD's skills, but more about the movies and/or the characters he is asked to play.
Perhaps his choices are not always the best...

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Second trailer:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts