AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help a black mark just appeared at the bottom of my screen. It is huge and looks to be coming from the back of the screen. What could this be?

Model 65hm167 toshiba dlp. It looks like a shadow and is shaped like a banana!

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Post pictures of the Tv screen with various content. Sounds like spiderweb or something in the Tv. Probably have to either pull the screen assembly and clean out or pull the light engine and clean the lens.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Something is inside your Tv. The screen assembly needs to be pulled and whatever is in there needs to be removed or re-fastened where ever it was.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man this is weird. The spot is fading and i took the front down and looked inside. Nothing is out of place. It really looks like the screen. Is there liquid in this screen?? Probably a dumb question but i dont know? Sorry i am a newbie and i am just trying to resolve this. I dont have the money for a tv repair man right now. This is just my luck having a weird problem like this.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
No liquid in the screen. Can't really speculate what you've got going on there. Something is causing a shadow between where the picture leaves the lens to where it hits the screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts