AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still reasonably new to the world of front projection (Panny 300u), but like every other aspect of my home theater, I’m always trying to find ways to improve it. I was extremely happy with my DIY Parkland screen at first, but as I watch more and more, I find myself wanting to do something about the black (…gray :( ) level.

Has anyone actually used a gray or silver paint right on top of their Parkland screen? If so, how did it work. I would definitely be willing to sacrifice a bit of brightness to make up for these grayish blacks.

Thanks! David

·
Registered
483 Posts
Do a search. The answer is, yes, people here have sprayed goo systems or rustoleum right onto the plastic and the results have been very positive.

This is exactly what I will be doing myself in about 2-3 weeks.

HTH.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've sprayed my parkland and I'm very happy with it. I used Glidden Universal Grey from HD. It's a very light shade of grey. I sprayed on three very light coats using a HVLP spray system I have. The paint was thinned and I added Flotrol to get a better surface. Painting it this way added almost no texture.

I'm extremely pleased with the results and don't believe spending the extra $'s on a Firehawk or equivilant would have been worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.