AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noob here, looking for all the help I can get. I have an LG HDTV that I have never had a problem with since I got it probably about 3 years ago. I just got a mede8er md600x3d media player, and was playing a movie from my WD external hard drive, with an hdmi cable from the media player to the television. About half way through the first movie on the day I hooked up the media player, a horizontal gray line appeared across the top of the television screen. This line appeared on all inputs, even when I unplugged all devices. The line progressively worsened, and became hundreds of gray and black vertical lines, until now when it is basically a totally black screen, except for a small sliver at the top. I've tried a hard reset, but that did not work. Could an external device actually fry a television screen? I am really at a loss, please help.

·
Super Moderator
18,731 Posts
Try posting this in the DISPLAY area appropriate to your TV. HDTV Technical is for everything BUT the television. See the sticky. Thanks and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.