AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when I resume from standby all I get is a black screen if media center was open before the system went into sleep. I can Ctrl+Alt+Del to get a screen and restart media center but it's annoying to break out the keyboard to get rid of the black screen.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Anyone got any ideas on this one? I get it too, but because I don't have a keyboard attached I have to reboot. MCE standby tool helps but it still doesn't work every time. This is on windows 7 x86, ATI 5670, latest catalyst drivers.

·
Registered
235 Posts
9 times out of 10 it works for me, but every so often I get the black screen. I have a keyboard shortcut mapped to my remote which exits WMC and then another to run it again.

If I do that I can see WMC on screen and can scroll through the menus etc. However if I try to play anything or minimise/close WMC again, I get the black screen again. Only way out seems to be a ctrl-alt-del or a full reboot.

·
Registered
315 Posts
 This is what I did to solve that issue for myself.

Here is an older solution that also worked well and isn't quite as involved.

Doesn't sound exactly like the issue I was having, but it's worth a try.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Afraid the suggestion above doesn't address the issue I had, which is rather more intermittent making it much harder to pin down.

But since this thread has been derailed somewhat, I thought I'd join in with my power consumption/cost figures:

45W * 24h * 30 days = 32KWH @ 7.3p/khw (UK) = £2.37/month = £28.38/year.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I don't know if this is the same issue or not. My PC is not a full time HTPC, but I use it for that quite a bit. I have my HDMI TV as my secondary monitor and a 24" standard PC Monitor as my primary hooked up to DVI. When it comes back from sleep mode, the DVI connected monitor either comes back with a black screen and an active cursor or locks up entirely. Changing input on the HDMI connected TV gives a no-signal message. Only recourse is to reboot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.