AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has a screen and it is not so good but there is a wall behind it and it happened to be black like a non gloss black and the picture looks great on it besides the fact it isnt smooth and kinda dark (we had to turn up the brightness of the bulb to the max it was originally at only about 50%) and has marks on it, other than that it looks great

is there a black screen or maybe grey and would something like this work I have never seen a black screen and one place one would think it would be would be a high end movie theater but it is whitish

or does the prejector have to be very bright to work running it at 100% brightness is not a good idea but it is a crappy 640x480 one

if we got a newer 1920x1080 one would it be good that is probly way brighter by default and thus work great for dark scenes since the dark is actually black or grey

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
There is a thread linked in my signature below called a fun read click on it and you will see the experiment that I did with black a few months back. It takes a little reading but is kind of fun to read and the reactions I had to the test. Keep in mind no one knew it was black in the beginning of the thread.

There are also another link called a simple paint solution that I try and explain my thoughts on gray screens.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Sony has a black screen. Google for Sony Black screen and you'll get a lot of hits.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I know this is kinda out there but could something like a big TV or monitor would be black and white

then project a image on it and the same image on the big TV or monitor but in black and white you would get a variable gain screen could this work or is there already something like this out there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.