AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get about 9 feet by 1.5 feet of Black Plush Triple Velvet for my screen frame. Live in Calgary, AB.

Fabricland does not have any in stock, and they say it is winter stock so they don't expect to get any in anytime soon. plus, its $30 per meter, so i'm looking at $90 minus 20% member discount if I do find it. And I would be forced to get 9 feet by 4 foot.
www.syfabrics.com has it for a lot cheaper, but shipping is ridiculous to Canada. Going to be $56 USD with shipping, or about $62 CAD assuming I don't get nailed with any duties or anything. Again, forced to get 9 feet by 4 feet of it.

Any other options out there, that either have a) cheaper shipping, or b) 4-6" wide stuff that I can get 25 feet of?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I bought from fabric land in the spring. I bought the 48" wide or whatever it was and cut into 4 strips to wrap my frame, I assume this is for a DIY screen. I didn't buy the expensive stuff though as I have pets and was told it attracts hair a little more than some of the other less plush varieties. I think I paid about $40 CAD for 12'x4' of it. Hope this helps. Also I found that the expensive stuff was a little shiny and I thought this may reflect some light, though I don't know for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts