AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a Panasonic TC-P42S2. Was watching some netflix when all of a sudden a 3 inch wide black vertical bar appeared on the screen, about 1/4 of the way over from the left side. I thought it was an input problem, but even when bringing up the TV's picture menus, the bar was still there.

I googled around and found the video below. The guy here has the exact same problem, except with a flickering black bar (mine is just steady black). I tried disconnecting and cleaning the offending ribbon cable with rubbing alcohol and compressed air, but the bar is still there. Any other ideas? The problem happened all of a sudden, it's not like the TV was dropped or anything hit the TV. Very weird for it to just die like that.

The first attached pic is with the ribbon cable unplugged. The second is after I cleaned it and plugged it back in (also what it looked like when I first had the problem. It's also not yellow at all in person). Third pic shows the problematic cable (on the right). Any ideas? I really hope it's not a bad panel!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts