AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find an online source for black plastic wall plates. For example, the video cables running out of the ceiling to the projector needs a wall plate with a hole. I have found tons of white and beige but no black...

Please help...

THanks in advance...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd agree. Pick up some of the new Krylon ( I think ) spray paint that bonds to plastic. That way, you don't have to worry about it flaking off.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Home Depot has them. However, most wall plates are somewhat glossy. If you want flat black painting them yourself is the best way to go.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have the same dilemma. For those I can't find at HD (cable, phone) I am going to spray paint black.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I needed grey with some black speckling to match the walls. I spray painted grey and then over misted with a black spray. It worked!

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Ace Hardware also carries the black...Actually a larger selection than my local HD. For the specialty applications (Decora for IR receiver, Coax for Subs), I just took some white ones and sprayed them with Flat Black Rustoleum. No worries.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i guess I will paint them... Our HD/Lowes only has black double recepticles and light switch plates in black. The other irritating thing is most stores charge a premimum for the black vs. white...why?

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Supply and demand. That which sells well sells for less. In other words...because they can. When you want white, everyone has them by the hundreds. When you want black, nothing else will do.

Check out the NM (Romex®) prices. The 250' rolls are no more expensive per foot than the 1000' reels are, because they sell so few reels. (However, the smaller lengths are very expensive per foot.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.