AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
Hi Alex....

If you have a cable company STB (Sicentific Atlanta, Motorola, etc..) with HD, I like to see if you could capture some HD content from one of your area network channels (NBC, Fox, ABC, etc..) and then try to capture TNT-HD, UHD, and some other "cable only" channels in HD too.

Thanks,

rr

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rob, I do have a SA 8300HD. I plugged it in and I didn't see anything. I didn't try different channels though because I disconnected the HDMI cable from my TV to connect it on the PC, hence I was completely blind. I am planning to connect the STB using composite or component, so that I can see something while I am trying to get the image on my PC, and then perform the test you suggested.

As far the software goes I was using VLC. It recognized the Intensity without any problem, but when I started the capture it was opening a big black window with no image in it. I think it was an HDCP problem.

Alex

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor /forum/post/0

Intensity doen't support HDCP. If your output device requires HDCP, you will need one of these nice little boxes that strip it http://www.engadget.com/2005/07/21/t...iny-red-button

Victor, thank you for the reply. Before getting into stripping the HDCP I want to see if the card works with channels/program that are not encrypted, just to make sure I can do it. Beside, is the DVIMAGIC anywhere to be found? I though they took it off the market.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too have this card and I am using it to record the BBC Free To Air HD broadcast here in the UK, routing the non-HDCP HDMI feed into the Intensity card and capturing in Adobe Premiere - you have to make sure you have the correct codec that matches the resolution of the feed - send it 1080i when you have selected the 720p codec and you get zip.

Unfortunately, the colours of the captured video look all wrong so I've sent an email to Blackmagic asking what I have done wrong, no reply yet...

Mark

PS one hours 1080i 50Hz video is about 23GB!

·
Registered
6,856 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1434a /forum/post/0

Victor, thank you for the reply. Before getting into stripping the HDCP I want to see if the card works with channels/program that are not encrypted, just to make sure I can do it. Beside, is the DVIMAGIC anywhere to be found? I though they took it off the market.

Any progress so far?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not yet. When I started playing with HD content I realized that I desperately needed a new motherboard/CPU. I am waiting for the new parts to come in. Hopefully I will be testing the Intensity card next week.

·
Registered
6,856 Posts

Quote:

Not yet. When I started playing with HD content I realized that I desperately needed a new motherboard/CPU. I am waiting for the new parts to come in. Hopefully I will be testing the Intensity card next week.

Thanks for the update.... and good luck with your new MB!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I noticed that some of you have been experimenting with the Blackmagic Intensity card. I also got one last week and I am seeing the same green fog on the input no matter what I send it. I have tried PS3, regular DVD, satellite, and the conversion of component to HDMI using the Gefen converter (everything was non-HDCP also). I have sent a message off to Blackmagic but have not received a reply. I was wondering if anyone ever got an answer from them or got it working.

My understanding is that it has something to do with the Intensity's 4:2:2 colorspace instead of what most consumer electronic devices send (4:4:4??) - whatever that really means. I am trying to fathom it but it has been a tough thing to grasp.

I wonder if any kind of transcoder could help. One thought I had was to take the component output and transcode it to RGB and then try sending it through the Gefen adapter. Does any think this may work? Overall I am just trying to get some nice captures of the PS3 video and maybe of non-HDCP 720p satellite stuff.

- Larry

·
Registered
3,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus /forum/post/0

Because it only does 1440 X 1080, and does not have analog inputs.

I was at CES this month and talked to the development team. In 3Q they will have a full 1920x1080 realtime encoding capability, and OEM's are working on component input through ADC's.

Here is the link to the datasheet:
http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/MIC...pdf/H264FS.pdf

Thanks,

mike

·
Registered
517 Posts

Quote:

Just curious to see if you got any further with this?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.