AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just picked this up at Amazon. I'm not sure whether this is a special price or just their normal discounting but I think it's a fantastic deal.

Blade Runner is my wife's favorite movie of all time, especially the Rutger Hauer "tears in the rain" scene. She was really pleased that I got this.

The Final Cut version is a great BD transfer from 4k sources. I haven't watched the other versions from this set yet but I can't wait to compare.

Here's the link: http://amzn.to/1dNrGCF

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Great Film! Last of the Non CGI films. Every set and prop was handmade. Even the "Cold' scene was filmed inside a freezer warehouse.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrill  /t/1525526/blade-runner-30th-anniversary-collectors-set-13-99-at-amazon#post_24561376

I have the Blade Runner 5-disc collectors edition on HD-DVD ( LInky )- -- is there a reason to upgrade to this (other than it is not on a dead format)?
According to Amazon your edition includes the 2007 Final Cut, which is the restored/remastered version with a new 5.1 audio track, so I'm guessing you are good to go as long as you can play HD-DVD. 

That Final Cut version (on a rented disk) is what I used to convince my wife that it was worth upgrading to the 55 inch plasma and Blu-ray from our old SD TV. Five minutes of the opening from the DVD, then five minutes from the Blu-ray. Case closed. 

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I too am a bladerunner fan, I was very impressed with how good the remastered version was... It has to be one of the best re-masters made.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I have about 5 different versions of Blade Runner.

VHS

DVD

DVD Widescreen

DVD Directors Cut

DVD Final Cut

Haha, just found 30th Anniversary on BD is the Final Cut (2007) & on DVD the30th Anniversary Collector's Edition the Final Cut. This does not have the same cover as the 30th Collector's Set

Guess that makes 6... or 7 depending how you count. My favorite is still the original cut.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts