·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's currently at $132.57.

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
knowing this movie will return to Blu makes random ebay units now meaningless.

I gotta say, I really love this movie. I don't even know what it is about it, but I find it hilarious.

·
Registered
593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanmotorsport /forum/post/12852313

i couldn't find it on ebay....why is this movie so pricey? Was it canned after a limited release?

Never was released... week before it was out Paramount went HD-DVD exclusive and claimed they never even pressed the discs for the Blu-Ray version... some people found them and so they are extremely rare.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanmotorsport /forum/post/12852313

i couldn't find it on ebay....why is this movie so pricey? Was it canned after a limited release?

The thrill of owning the forbidden fruit. There is absolutely no way that the movie is worth $130+.

Paramount was advertising it as coming-soon-to-Blu-ray in print ads and media until they switched to HD DVD exclusive days before release. They did a much better job of recalling all the copies of Blades of Glory on BD than when Paramount recalled the Jack Ryan HD DVD Collection because of "typos". Lots of Jack Ryan sets are in the wild, but only a few Blades of Glory BDs are out there.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthocar /forum/post/12852787

The thrill of owning the forbidden fruit. There is absolutely no way that the movie is worth $130+.

Paramount was advertising it as coming-soon-to-Blu-ray in print ads and media until they switched to HD DVD exclusive days before release. They did a much better job of recalling all the copies of Blades of Glory on BD than when Paramount recalled the Jack Ryan HD DVD Collection because of "typos". Lots of Jack Ryan sets are in the wild, but only a few Blades of Glory BDs are out there.

Lots of Jack Ryan sets, but pretty difficult to get a store to actually sell them to you. I tried a few times. No luck.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paramount did a better job recalling BLADES in the US than in Canada. Apparently, the last 5 copies on sale over the net were from the Toronto area.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missions /forum/post/12851921

It's currently at $132.57.

Ha.Ha.

In three months they're probably be $13.257. That is one diehard bd fan. If it's not on BD just wait for the eventual HBOHD airing.

What happend to those PCM Top Gun discs that Paramount printed? I wouldn't make fun of anyone paying $100+ for one of those.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I believe it has lossless sound in comparison to the HD DVD. So much for the Paramount claim that HD DVD was technically better!

I had this title on order. After seeing it on PPV, not so sure it is something I would want to collect as a title. I would buy it as a curiosity except that I am pretty sure that it will see the light of day. It is likely that Paramount has them stashed someplace and will be selling them.

Whatever the HD DVD fans may say about Warners, at least they are not pulling things back that were already pressed and pre-ordered by people.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsmith /forum/post/12853066

I believe it has lossless sound in comparison to the HD DVD. So much for the Paramount claim that HD DVD was technically better!

I had this title on order. After seeing it on PPV, not so sure it is something I would want to collect as a title. I would buy it as a curiosity except that I am pretty sure that it will see the light of day. It is likely that Paramount has them stashed someplace and will be selling them.

Whatever the HD DVD fans may say about Warners, at least they are not pulling things back that were already pressed and pre-ordered by people.

It does have lossless sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ5JiaJawvU

·
Registered
1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian81 /forum/post/12853021

Lots of Jack Ryan sets, but pretty difficult to get a store to actually sell them to you. I tried a few times. No luck.

My local walmart has the HD DVD jack Ryan collection

·
Registered
2,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missions /forum/post/12853062

Paramount did a better job recalling BLADES in the US than in Canada. Apparently, the last 5 copies on sale over the net were from the Toronto area.

not the same person by chance?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by getme /forum/post/12857370

My local walmart has the HD DVD jack Ryan collection

Try buying it! At the very least (if you are BD only), you can still make good coin on it through eBay.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian81 /forum/post/12860359

Try buying it! At the very least (if you are BD only), you can still make good coin on it through eBay.

Paramount has announced that they are rereleasing the Jack Ryan collection without typos on HD DVD sometime in Q1 2008, but haven't narrowed it down to a specific week yet. That combined with a lot of people abandoning HD DVD, there is only a small window of opportunity to buy it & resell it for a profit.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthocar /forum/post/12860453

Paramount has announced that they are rereleasing the Jack Ryan collection without typos on HD DVD sometime in Q1 2008, but haven't narrowed it down to a specific week yet. That combined with a lot of people abandoning HD DVD, there is only a small window of opportunity to buy it & resell it for a profit.

Now is the time!

I think the whole abandonment of HD DVD thing is the reason the prices are so high now. They were going for between $60-80 until rumors of Paramount going back to BD through a contract exit clause started showing up. People probably scared it would never come out on HD DVD and the price then skyrockets!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It closed at $167.50.

Looks like a lot of people lost interest in this title after the Warner move.

Personally, I'm surprised that the seller got this much. Paramount will likely be releasing BoG on Blu-ray in the not too distant future.

·
Banned
1,079 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missions /forum/post/12877917

It closed at $167.50.

Looks like a lot of people lost interest in this title after the Warner move.

Personally, I'm surprised that the seller got this much. Paramount will likely be releasing BoG on Blu-ray in the not too distant future.

Well, it WAS supposed to be coming out like the week of the flip, or the next week, which means they must have a ton of them sitting in warehouses somewhere. I assume this will be among the first batch of new Blu titles from Paramount after the flip back. I personally like this movie a lot. The little jokes like "let me put my poems in you", a playful poke at an AC/DC song, just stand out as so appropriate and funny if you actually "get it".

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Sorry. I didn't think this movie was worth 13 cents. Much less 100 + dollars.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Agreed, this movie really really sucked. I wouldn't even want it if it were even free on DVD or HDM.

·
Registered
211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrage /forum/post/12853063

What happend to those PCM Top Gun discs that Paramount printed? I wouldn't make fun of anyone paying $100+ for one of those.

you can get topgun on blu-ray? i'd pay full price for that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts