1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a owner of a Sony 1272 and have a little problem :

The left blanking is a little bluring.

The three guns are correctly converged and focus, and are quite new (less than 1000 hours).

Is anyone has an advise?

Thank you,

Cyriaque.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Cyriaque,

Blanking refers to removing any unwanted video that spills over the edge of the screen, so I don't understand what you mean by "left blanking is blurry."

Chuck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean that the transition between the image and the "mask" is not brutal, but smooth, when the three others are normal, a strong and solid transition between black and image!

This is like the guns were not converged, but they are!

I don't know were to look...

Cyriaque

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've just check, to be sure : the three guns are correctly focused and converged. Only the left "blank" is some kind of blurry.

I've tried to change the convergence, but there is nothing to do...

Any help from someone, please?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Sorry, but that's not a problem I'm familiar with. Other than that, the picture is unaffected?

Chuck

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I've seen instances with CRT's where when they are not perfectly focused (ie lines are blurring a bit on one side) and then converged, you won't get a perfect transition between blanking and picture. It will look a little blurred at the transition.

I believe that focus is the most important step to setting up a focus and if you focus correctly you will get a much better and sharper convergence which translates to picture quality.

Terry

To many Sony's....to little time

·
Registered
971 Posts
My 1272Q is like that too. The blanking edge is not sharp especially on the left. I'm not sure if that's a problem though.

It's not very noticeable for me because that projects onto the black edge of my screen frame.

Bryan

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Hi,

I don't know what's causing that and I don't have that problem, but I do know what will fix it.

You can mask that side of the screen with velvet instead of using the blanking. I have a velvet strip across the top of my screen that hides the AKB line very nicely. Open the blanking up a bit then mask it conventionally. You may lose half a percent on the left but it should fix your problem.

It's good to lose a pixel or two all the way around in my experience since so many dvd's leave stray stuff there.

Good Luck,

Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.